Here are some random things that I thought about blogging about but didn't get around to it.
***
Hannah has a boyfriend, as you all know. Well Carver was sick last week for two days and Hannah missed him. When he came back they had the following conversation, which she related exactly the same to both her father and I.
Hannah: I mist-ed you so much Num Nums
Carver: Don't call me Num Nums.
I'm pretty sure the Num Nums comes from either Flapjack or Chowder her two favorite cartoon network shows that I probably shouldn't let her watch.
***
POLITICAL STATEMENT AHEAD, MOM AND DAD PLEASE SKIP TO THE NEXT SECTION:
Does anyone really believe that a self-proclaimed hockey mom who thinks that it's okay to ban books be a heart beat away from running our country? I know she's got all this experience with the PTA and all, but seriously, should a self-proclaimed hockey mom who thinks that it's okay to ban books be a heartbeat away from running the PTA?
I can think of about a million women -- including another mother of five that I know very well because she gave birth to me -- who are so much better suited to serve even though I don't agree with their politics. It's not her inexperience that frightens me, it's the experiences that she HAS had, that worry me.
POLITICAL STATEMENT OVER. WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED BLOGGING
***
Hannah and Liz started dance class last week. They are in pre-ballet and they are the most adorable twin dancers who ever put on a leotard. Last week they told me they learned how to plie and I (showing off my encyclopedic knowlege of everything) asked if they also learned to eleve (go up on their toes) and they gave me a blank look as if I was speaking French.
Which I thought I was until I related this story to my sister Terry earlier today and when she stopped laughing (which was a very long time) she said the term is actually Releve (with an R), which is why I am not homeschooling my children in dance (or anything else.)
Here's how cute they are in their dance outfits:


***
After about 50 years on Wall Street my brother in law retired about a month ago, and now Wall Street is a mess. Coincidence? I think not.
***
I have two interviews coming up that I'm excited about. I'm talking to Graham Nash (of Crosby, Stills and...) tomorrow and am trying set up an interview with Meat Loaf (or as my mother calls him Meat Ball) in the next week or so.
Okay, so that's it. I'll try to not take as much time between posts next time!
2 comments:
that was agreat group of would-have-been -posts! The girls look so cute in their ballet outfits. sigh. girls are just fun!
oh...and I still love ya even waaaayyy out there in the LEFT!!!
The girls look adorable in their outfits... I miss them. All boys in my class this year!
Post a Comment