Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas MEME

I was tagged to do a Christmas MEME by my friend Kristina over at Sweet Pea Wanderings (www.sweetpeawanderings.blogspot.com) and since she also tagged Carrie at www.hammijammijewelry.blogspot.com you should check her blog out, too. I don't know many bloggers, so feel free to steal this for your blog and answer it, if you feel like it!

Here are my answers:
1 ) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Homemade eggnog, even though I haven't had it in years and even though the raw eggs can now kill you.

2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Mrs. Claus wraps stuff until she is bored or out of wrapping paper.

3) Colored lights on tree/house or white? Neither on the house this year. Or last year. A couple years ago we hung those white icicle thingies, but they didn't come down until the summer time. The tree has both colored and white lights.

4) Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes.

5) When do you put your decorations up? When I get around to it after Thanksgiving.

6) What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Probably a tie between creamed onions and mashed potatoes.

7) Favorite holiday memory as a child? If I have to pick one, it was probably the Christmas we got our poodle, Tammy. Or pretty much any Christmas that my grandmother and grandfather visited.

8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? Is there something about Santa I don't know?

9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope.

10) How do you decorate your Christmas tree? A little of this and a little of that. I do have some ornaments from my childhood and we have several dreidls that the girls made in preschool that are also on our tree.

11) Snow -- love it or dread it? Love a white Christmas, but after that not so much.

12) Can you ice skate? Probably not, but I used to

13) Do you remember your favorite gift? My favorite gift was the year my sister got a guitar and I stole it.

14) What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family.

15) What is your favorite holiday dessert? Plum Pudding when I make it, or pumpkin pie when I don't make the plum pudding

16) What is your favorite holiday tradition?Hiding the baby Jesus from the nativity. The girls are already looking all over the place for him.

17) What tops your Christmas tree? An angel

18) Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving

19) What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

20) Candy Canes? Yuck or Yum? They're okay.

21) What do you want for Christmas? For my children to sleep past 6 a.m. and world peace

22) Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Nothing work related, but my family gets together each year a couple weekends before Christmas (see a future post for pictures!)

23) Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJ's? Christmassy clothes that aren't really all that dressy.

24) Do you own a Santa hat? Several

25) Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Usually immediate family -- sometimes we're lucky to include visitors and relatives!

No comments: