Friday, March 13, 2009

Round up

Two very important things happened this past weekend. First, my husband turned 45 years old. This is momentous for many reasons not the least of which is that he's only 5 years younger than me for the next six months or so.
Here's the gang celebrating. I had lots of time to take this picture as the Rasmussen gang spent a so much time trying to figure out what to order for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant that Rob was in danger of turning 46 by the time choices were made:

This picture is especially good of my brother in law, the famous Uncle Dude. Let's get a closer look at him:

Seriously, don't you think he should use this picture on his Match.com profile? Of course he'd have to HAVE one first. Same goes for Aunt Linda. I'd post a bigger picture of her, too, except that she hates any and all pictures of her.

Okay, enough of the match-making. Here's the other extraordinary thing that happened this past weekend:

I turned this:

Into this...I took a sewing class when I was in the eighth grade and was so scarred by the experience that I've rarely sewn anything more than a straight line. In that class we had to make a pajama bag that had a zipper in it. By the time I was done ripping out seams and putting the zipper in about 14 times, my pajama bag was about the size of a dessert plate and fit NO pajamas in it.

This apron did not have zippers, but it did have seams that had to curve and I had to sew pockets into it, and hems and rick-rack and buttons. AND I had to use TWO different patterns to make the sashes and pockets. Here's Hannah modeling the rear view.And Lizzie with the front view:

1 comment:

Primrose Hill said...

oh...you did an awesome job!!! I am so impressed by the curves and the rickrack!!! those are some tricking things! (at least to us, right?) :-) cute, cute!!!