This year we went to a spa in Lancaster County near Kitchen Kettle Village. Here we all are AFTER our spa treatments. Don't we look relaxed and refreshed. In fact we were SO relaxed and refreshed that we only complained bitterly for about 10 minutes when we realized that Kitchen Kettle Village closes at 5 p.m. on Saturdays and we had only begun to shop at about 4:50. Luckily I am a speed shopper and was able to secure my pickled beets, several different jams and several pounds of fudge from Pepper Lane Fudge.
So all's well that ends well. Here are the four of us with (what I am hoping is) the Kitchen Kettle Village mascot -- a giant gingerbread cookie.

So, back to the spa. Here's my ONE photo. I took it of Terry because it was the first time in her life (and trust me, that's a long time!) that she ever had a professional pedicure. Even I in my neglect of all things beauty related have had several pedicures. So Terry opted for the spa manicure and pedicure. Here she is with the leg wraps/paraffin thingie:
The spa is small so we were basically the only people there. But since we were not the ONLY people there we (and by we, I mean me) were asked to keep it down so as not to disturb the other patrons. It was not my fault though, as Ann had me laughing with her Internet Twitter stories. And it is NOT my fault that my lovely lilting laugh carries through solid walls and ceilings.
Everyone was really nice though and we didn't almost get kicked out, although I'm thinking they all breathed a small sigh of relief when we went next door to have our lunch.
We had lunch at the B&B inn next to the spa and it was a chicken salad with dried cranberries on wheat bread with some salad, some pieces of fruit (strawberry, mango, pineapple and orange slices) and then a little walnut/orange shortbread. It was served with a glass of cherry iced tea and water with lemon, in a beautiful dining room on lovely china. You know what I mean if I had taken a picture of it -- but I didn't. :(
Dinner wasn't quite as elegant because Ann's meal looked sort of like it had been formed out of a small cardboard box, but the corn fritters were good and it all became wonderful with the ice cream sundaes and apple crisp and apple dumplings we had for dessert. And fudge.
Of course things at home went great because Rob is a wonderful, conscientious father. Oh, and he took the girls TO THE TOY STORE while I was away. THE TOY STORE. I mean seriously -- how is anyone supposed to miss me and appreciate me when they are AT THE TOY STORE.
Especially when Dad lets you buy a giant duck.
And serves you spaghetti tacos when you don't like scampi (these were the leftovers -- Rob didn't take pictures when I was gone): Luckily, my children knew enough to tell me that they missed me -- even if it was AFTER they told me how much FUN daddy is, and how much FUN they had. And by the way, did you see the BIG GIANT DUCK I bought?
We did have some other visitors on our trip as Tommy and Brenna (here with Bean) came along for part of the trip to make us laugh, but didn't stay with us or have spa treatments. My brother did buy Tommy a sling-shot though, which is almost as bad as a big, giant, duck. All in all, a great time was had by us -- lots of laughs and silliness!




1 comment:
Sounds wonderful!:)
And I can't believe THE GIANT DUCK!! HAHAHAHA!!!
Post a Comment