Hannah and Elizabeth's elementary school had their talent show tonight. I think I remember going to one that Casey was in a million years ago, but they haven't done one in recent history. Most likely because of the lack of talent in the elementary school. Yes, I said it. I went there. I have to give the kids props for sheer bravery. And to ME for sitting through the three hour show not once but TWICE. Lizzie was on fairy early in the show, and then Hannah was on fairly late in the show, so I was there for the entire dress rehearsal and then the entire show. But this post isn't about ME, it's about my two very talented daughters. In fairness (and for the record, I don't have to be fair because this is MY blog) but there were a handful of acts that were good. A pair of guys did the "Who's On First" comedy sketch that cracked me up, there was a gymnast who did a whole bunch of flips and a boy singer who stayed on key.
So now on with the show. Oh, and let me tell you the audience was R.U.D.E. I don't know if people never get out of their own living rooms, but the talking, laughing, running around, etc., was beyond annoying. And that was the PARENTS. Seriously! The kids weren't much better. I told one group of 6th graders sitting in the back at least 5 times to show some respect for the performers. And they would for about 5 seconds until I was over there again. So, that's why these videos have a bit a background noise in them. Here's Lizzie playing "Indian Dance." She messed it up (she said, I didn't notice) during the dress rehearsal and left the stage in tears (which I did notice), so she was very proud of herself for getting through it so well.
And then there was Hannah singing her "Talent Show" song, "Love Will Find a Way." I tried and tried to get her to sing either "Amazing Grace" or "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" but she wouldn't budge, and I am NOT a good stage mother and gave up after suggesting it three times.
It was great, as usual, and I was very proud of her. She was very blase about the whole thing and was mostly mad at me because I couldnt find my hot rollers and so she was forced to have straight hair for her debut performance at school. So, I apologize for her straight hair. She did tell me that she's pretty sure she's going to be a famous pop star in her school tomorrow, so we'll see if that's true. :)
2 comments:
Great job by both of the girls - more talent for the family talent shows in the future!
They were great! The audience was really annoying (Uncle A asked me what kind of people were there). Can't wait to see more!
Aunt A
Post a Comment