1) Ice cream bars in the freezer
2) The new season of House starting
3) Lizzie's sense of humor (Mommy, ALL Hannah did was complain about every little thing during dance today ... oh wait, that was ME...) Ha!
4) Cash keeping my feet warm at night now that it's turned from summer to winter in one day
5) People from college that I am still proud to call friend and who email on my birthday to remind me how awesome they are
6) Hannah's silly laugh that she just can't keep to herself
7) Rob's Saturday dinners, even if they are made by the Chinese restaurant
8) In-laws that are really family
9) Math homework that can be done in 20 minutes
10) John Denver's enduring music
11) That I get to interview Garrison Keillor in a month
12) Laughing so hard with my sister-in-law Ann that I can't breathe
13) New friends who feel like old friends
14) Old friends who feel like sisters
15) That when Lizzie is sick she always tells me my hugs make her feel better
16) Hannah's singing up in her room or in the basement when she thinks I can't hear her
17) Neighbors who don't vandalize my house
18) Mom's Irish sweater that's warming my shoulders as I write this
19) Dunkin' donuts ice decaf with French Vanilla creamer and splenda
20) The courage of my friend B
21) Rob's voice on the phone every day at 12:40 p.m.
22) Brownies who fight to hold my hand during our friendship circle
23) Scott Bakula
24) Sisters who are also friends
25) Book Club
26) My craft cabinets
27) Crafting
28) Rob and Lizzie in duet on the piano
29) Sunday drives with "A Prairie Home Companion"
30) Peace and Quiet
31) That I finally ordered my new digital SLR camera, a canon T2i
32) Three solid weeks of exercising at least 30 minutes six times a week
33) Burning leaves
34) CCD kids who run after me in the supermarket just to say Hi.
35) Brownies who do the same thing
36) Tandoori chicken marinating in the fridge
37) That Cyndi Lauper told security to (please) wait a second until she finished her phone call with me
38) Surprise phone calls made only to make me laugh
39) Hannah's love of her toe-shoes even though they give her big toe a blister
40) Lizzie's last three spelling tests where she got all the words right
41) Mother Teresa quotes
42) Our new wireless printer
43) That I'm old enough that I DON'T have to eat Brussels Sprouts if I don't want to.
44) Chocolate Almond Tea with Deb
45) Cows -- I don't know why, but it's aways been true
46) That I still love my job
47) That I still love being a Mom
48) That I still love being a wife
49) Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Cinderella" even though it's more poignant than happy
50) Warm apple cider outside on the deck
51) Lizzie's determination
52) Rob's kindness
53) That I'm still happy!
And one reason that you'll be happy ... here is some of my brownie troop (I have 18 girls in the troop) at a recent activity, acting as normal as they possibly can...
And here they are acting like they normally do:


1 comment:
First, Brenna was sitting with me while I was reading your blog and wants to know when she will be able to go trick or treating with Hannah & Lizzie and had to break it to her that halloween was messed up this year and the only way they were seeing each other in costumne would be the picture.
Second, I am happy that I made your list of your 53 happy things for the month....right back at you.
Third, TA/Tom is upset that he did not make the list (to bad I say)lol.
Post a Comment