I recently found an old snapfish account that contained photos of Hannah and Lizzie when they were about two years old. Oh the CUTENESS!!! I was surprised though, how much they are still the same and how much they are very different.
This picture reminded me how gorgeous my girls were and still are! It also reminded me that they (and still do!) want cat. Back when this picture was taken though, Lizzie was very disappointed that for reasons of physics and genetics she could not actually BE a cat. Instead she'd crawl all over the house and even wanted me to put her food on the floor so she could eat it there, like a cat. This picture was from Halloween when they were three:
And in this picture they are dancing and happy at two years old. It's nearly impossible to get them to dance spontaneously these days. And smiles are more often scowls (that tween thing can be TOUGH!) but I CAN still make them laugh and they STILL have messy hair and we STILL have a messy house, so those things have stayed the same (although the house has changed!)
Here they are .. still 2 and I think this was early summer. Stuff that's stayed the same? Well, they both still like to hang out on the hammock. But never with each other and certainly not playing with each other and LAUGHING. Once in a while I'll catch them being nice to each other and laughing together, but in general the sport of the day is annoying each other (but they seem to like it and the minute anyone ELSE tries to mess with one sister, the other sister will usually come to her aid.)
This picture made me laugh out loud, which Hannah and Lizzie can still do with great regularity. This was breakfast at the old house and the girls are two. I took a bunch of photos to turn into a photo book for Rob for his birthday in March (you can see there's a little snow on the ground in the back yard) and it was a day in the life of Hannah and Liz. The reason this picture cracks me up is because Hannah had finished her breakfast and cleared the dishes and then gone into the fridge to find some more food (a no-no then and now) and came out with a bottle of Worcestershire sauce that she wanted to share with her sister. I love that Hannah looks like she's presenting Lizzie with a bottle of wine and Lizzie looks like she's inspecting the label! (No I didn't let her put some on her froot loops!)




2 comments:
Oh My! How cute those pictures are. It is such a nice feeling to look at baby photos. :)
That was my comment. :)
Rekha
Post a Comment