So now I can post the birthday pix, the Thanksgiving pix, the Nutcracker pix, etc. etc.
But let's start with birthday photos and see where we go from there, okay?!?
We started with a celebration ON the girls' birthday, Nov. 21. They each got each other a Monster High doll (in fact ALL Hannah wanted for her birthday and Christmas was/is MH stuff -- she's obsessed!) They were both happy with the selection (made easier by Hannah telling Lizzie, I want Gigi and Lizzie telling Hannah, I want Venus McFlytrap) which made for a great birthday:
Aunt Terry got them each their own magic 8 ball and Hannah's reaction was pretty much the exact same as Lizzie's. They were thrilled and discerned within 10 minutes that I was going to get them a puppy, let them stay up until 10 p.m. and pass gas in church. Jeesh!!
I made cupcakes for their birthday and they each got to blow out the candle:
And here's our favorite birthday tradition (well Hannah and Liz might like the gifts best) seeing if Rob can still hold both girls. Cash was jealous and Lizzie doesn't look all that confident but I am happy to say no Dads or daughters (or dogs) were harmed during this stunt:
The Saturday after their actual birthday they had a sleepover with six girls. They had originally invited 8, so I was happy when two couldn't come, since the noise level with just the six (plus H&L) was probably illegal. Here Rob's helping them with the pinata. Lizzie actually broke it open
Before they could HIT the pinata, they had to find it. The theme of the party was "In the Dark" so they did all sorts of glow-in-the-dark activities. I set up a treasure hunt for them outside and they had to go around with flashlights (and they all had those alien headbands that were glow in the dark, too) and find the treasure chest. They were very successful (and very loud!)
Here they are hunting:
And here they are right after they found the pinata (which was in the shape of a treasure chest, in case you are looking at this on a teeny tiny screen!)
The girls ate in the dark (we turned on the lights when they were blowing out the candles) and I'd set out a bunch of glow in the dark bracelets and blinking lights and stuff. It was cool. They had pizza and all sorts of chips and other junk to eat.
After dinner they played around a bit more (really with 5th graders you don't have to plan anything -- they just like to hang out!) but then I gave them each a sample sheet of Mary Kay cosmetics (you can find ANYTHING on ebay) that had eye shadow, blush and lipstick on it. They also each got a hair accessory and some glow in the dark jewelry and had to (in the dark) make up their partner. This is the result (as you can see, some were better at it than others!)
Then it was lights out. Okay it was lights out again and again and again until about midnight, but eventually everyone fell asleep. Lizzie's allergies were bothering her (and by allergies I mean Hannah!) so she slept part of the night in her room instead of the basement, but still had a great time. here they are the next morning eating the pancakes and bacon I whipped up (in the microwave!!!)
Everyone had a great time and went home happy.. The girls were happy that they came over. I was happy that they went home! Seriously, the girls have some very nice friends and I always enjoy it when they come to visit (but it helps when they stay in the basement!)









1 comment:
Looks like fun, but I'm tired just looking at the pictures!
Post a Comment