Due to a huge conflict I had to deal with Lizzie's dancing during Hannah's chorus concert. It was a little tense (but only a little!) as I was able to go see the concert during school hours. Rob handled the concert on the actual concert night and I handled the dress rehearsal for the Nutcracker. Whew. How do people with MORE than two children handle anything? Rent additional parents?
Anyway, here are some photos from these extravaganzas of talent.
Lizzie had three roles in the Nutcracker, which was not exactly the traditional Nutcracker we'd all come to know and love. It was still a good performance though. In the first act Lizzie played a little girl. Here she is with some of her friends from the dance company, wearing her fancy dress for this role:
She was also an angel, again. We have decided (Liz and I) that because she's so petite that she's going to be an angel until she is 27 years old so she's just embracing it. Here are all the angels and FYI, Liz is standing on a step in the back that makes her as tall as the younger girls who are standing in front of her:
And here she is all by herself. These costumes were made new this year. I loved the dress, but the halos were a pain in the you-know-what to attach. I helped out backstage for several of the performances, but did manage to get to see most of the performance on the last day.
And finally, she played a friendly mouse in the candy cane dance. Here she is with some of her fan club (and Hannah -- ha ha!) This is Shelby, Aunt Terry and Rob with the friendly little mouse.
Here's a picture of Hannah just before her concert. Even though I had to get Lizzie over to her dress rehearsal I was asked to curl Hannah's hair. And I mean she asked about 30 minutes before I had to have the dressed, bunned and made-up child over to the dance venue. So it was hectic, but we survived. Rob said the school concert was great (I had seen it the day before and had to agree -- better than usual!)
And while we are on the subject of dance, Lizzie has a big announcement. She's been approved to go on pointe! Yay (for her at least -- now I've got broken ankles and disappearing toenails to worry about!) Here she is with her first pair of toe shoes The need to be approved by her dance teacher before I can sew on the elastic and ribbons, but she's still begging to twirl around in them anyway!




1 comment:
Nice update! You were certainly busy and obviously handled it well.
Post a Comment