Yes, I'm back to blogging! In fact, there's another post just below this one that is all pageant related. This one is about some of the scenery around Vegas. We arrived really late Saturday night (for us -- in Vegas it was only around 10 p.m.) I didn't have my camera out to take a photo of the strip in the dark, but it was really cool (except that it was NOT cool, being in the 90s when we arrived...)
Anyway, we got up on Sunday and I had my one day of touring. Here is the photographic evidence of the fact that I actually DID leave the hotel to see some of the sights!!
I have to start with this one. This is Lizzie and Rob and some crazy guy getting his picture taken at Lake Meade. If that guy had swayed even a little back he'd have fallen and it was a sheer drop to the rocks below. Luckily I did not have to perform any sort of rescue because it was kind of hot and I didn't want to have to go running down to the water:
This is a train tunnel cut into the side of the mountain overlooking Lake Meade.
Hoover Dam bridge. I assure you this picture doesn't do it justice. You kind of drive around a curve and there it is way above you. You can walk across it if you're brave. I am not that kind of brave:
Hoover Dam. It's a lot cooler (although not temperature wise) than I thought it would be:
Tourists at Hoover Dam:
We spent a few minutes in Arizona while driving around the dam:
I think this was in Red Rock Canyon. And I think it's some sort of southwestern tree/bush. I know it's Lizzie:
The next few photos are the scenic views at Red Rock Canyon. If you click on the picture you'll get a larger view. It's a really pretty place, although not the kind of pretty I'd want to look at every day -- I like a lot more green:
It was always windy in Nevada. In this picture the girls are wearing these water things that really did keep you cool until the water evaporated out of them. Which unfortunately was about 15 minutes.
Back to the pretty pictures:
Hannah relaxing in the hotel room between competitions:
More relaxation. Rob went to look at some cars so the girls decided to make up some magic. David Copperfield has nothing to worry about:
It was pretty funny though:
This is the view from our hotel window including some rare Vegas clouds:
Here we are leaving Arizona and getting back into Nevada. Hannah was SO DONE with the touring by this time! Okay, the rest of the summer will be coming in subsequent blogs. Don't forget to check below:



















1 comment:
Welcome back!
Post a Comment