We live very near the Ryerss Farm for Aged Equines and with Lizzie's renewed interest in horses and Hannah's general love of all animals, we decided to go spend the day with the old horses. We brought carrots and the place actually has treats that you can feed the horses, so we used some of those, too.
Hannah feeding a big horse:
Both girls feeding a mini horse (don't ask me why they are wearing matching tee shirts, by the way, as I have NO idea!)
Hannah getting bolder with feeding. The horses are nice, but some do bite, so you have to be careful.
See what I mean? They bite (but wasn't it nice of this horse to pose with the sign?)
We also spent time at Diane's Discount pets and ALMOST came home with this cat. I seriously wanted to. I loved this kitten and this kitten loved us. But we thought that Dad might not love the kitten and we love him more, so we left this adorable little girl at the pet store.
We also decided to have lunch at my office on day. Pizza and pierogies are always a happy lunch ... moreso when Happy Medium Intuitive Life Coaching is paying for it!

Lizzie was a little more worried about the whole biting thing, but soon discovered that horses don't leap for treats the way dogs do. :)
This was the week that I built our fire pit, too! So we got to make s'mores in the backyard AND burn some of the brush that Rob's been clearing away. Win Win!
Here's a better shot of the fire pit. In the background you can see the box it came in that Hannah turned into a s'mores station, which the dog is guarding.

Oh, and Hannah invented the Oreo S'more, too. It's the regular s'more stuff, but you put it all inside an oreo cookie instead of the graham crackers:
We also put up the tent, although so far no one has spent the night in it. (Well maybe some spiders!) It's fun to hang out in during the day though!

There was some rainy weather during these two weeks, too, so OF COURSE the girls worked on a craft project. Here are the finished products. Oh and if you know the girls really well, you'll be able to figure out which girl made which cat. I'll tell you in my next blog post, which will probably be tomorrow, since I am behind!!





No comments:
Post a Comment