Hannah and I got to spend the weekend in Harrisburg, while Rob and Lizzie did fun things (I hope!) at home. The pageant was live-streamed on the internet so I know a lot of you got to see it, but here are some pictures from the weekend.
Oh, and Hannah's win qualified her to compete in the National MAC Pageant, Thanksgiving week at DisneyWorld. I think we are ALL excited about that.
This pageant system separates talent, photogenic and modeling and a couple other categories into optionals. To win an overall crown you are judged on your personal introduction, you eveningwear choice and modeling and you interview outfit and content. This pageant system also sends out their scores, so you know how well you did and where you need some work.
Hannah won talent, so we know she's good with that. Here she is singing "On My Own." We are doing something different for the National Competition because even though she won, the judges thought the song was "too old" for her division, which is 10-12 year olds. I completely do NOT agree, but since we're in it to win it, we've made a change:
Here she is accepting her talent award and check. YAY!!!:
In between the optional and the required competitions there was a pajama party with a frozen them. It was FUN. The girls all got to make their own sashes and give themselves a title. Hannah was Miss Hamster Lover. They also played a game where they were in teams and the girls had to dress one of their members up and then they had to model. Here's Hannah with her sash:
There was lots of dancing. Our friend Cassidy (last year's Miss Pennsylvania Sweetheart) is right behind Hannah.
And then they finished it off with a giant "Let it Go" sing along.
The next morning we were up bright and early for interview. I love Hannah's interview suit and although she was a little nervous about interview she did well (she actually won interview for her age group). The judges noted that her skirt was a little big (that's how specific they get!) so I took it in for Nationals. It's even prettier in person and green is a good color on Hannah (really any jeweltone works!) This picture is her with Miss Patty who is the National Director of this pageant system.
And now on to the main event! Hannah modeled really well, and got great scores for her smile. I got pretty awful scores for the dress (not to mention that the top came unhooked when she was onstage .. luckily she caught it before there was a wardrobe malfunction!!) so we have something new and stunning for Nationals! Here she is modeling. The dress was pretty but it really did not fit her well as it was a little short.
We ran into some Cinderella friends, too. Daniela (in the yellow) and Adriana both won their titles, too, so we'll see them in Florida. YIPPEE!!
Here she is with her crown, sash and flowers. Next stop FLORIDA!
Oh, actually our next stop was Aunt Terry's house for a party. It was on our way home and even though I was exhausted, it was fun to see Hannah get to show off her new crown and sash!
Since I don't want to leave Lizzie out of this post, here's a picture of her photo bombing the picture of Hannah's MAC stuff. NOW, on to Florida!
No comments:
Post a Comment