Thursday, May 4, 2017

I Hear Music

Hannah's last official concert as a Varsity Singer was Tuesday night. She has really loved being a part of these select chorus and it has brought her several opportunities including performing the National Anthem at a Phillies Game, an overnight trip to Erie to perform at the Pennsylvania Music Educator's Association's annual conference and tomorrow she's headed to Hershey Park for a huge chorus competition followed by fun at Hershey Park (unfortunately it looks like they'll be Singing in the Rain for this one, but when you are 14, you don't care about the rain!)

Here are a couple of songs from the show.
This first one features Hannah in a short solo. I absolutely hate this arrangement of Africa (I can't help hearing the Toto version in my head and this quite different!), and I don't like the way the solo is arranged either, but the hand motions in the beginning that are meant to imitate rain are really really cool! This is the entire 7th and 8th grade chorus and it's one of their competition songs for Hershey.


And then there was this song which is my favorite Varsity Singers song of all time. It's performed a cappella and it's got four part harmony, which is pretty tough to do. I think it's beautiful!
So enjoy it, and I'll post the results from Hershey over the weekend.


No comments: