Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!


I'll be spending the day eating my mother-in-law's mashed potatoes (seriously ... I'll probably steal them right from her plate as they are that good!) and turkey. Which reminds me that my mother in law's mashed potatoes are something that I am thankful for. (And also that she makes enough of them so that I don't have to steal them from her plate...)


Here are some other things, in no particular order:


I am thankful ...
that Hannah and Liz are healthy and happy and funny kids
that Rob's a great dad and husband
that there's nothing wrong with me that a little surgery can't fix
that my memoir is moving along nicely and may actually be finished in early 2009
that chocolate covered pretzels come in 100 calorie packs
that we will soon have a president who has a wonderful command of the English language and ideas that I agree with
that the weather chick predicts a 30 percent chance of a white Christmas
that I have a full time job that I love (that would be Mommyhood) and a part time job that keeps me in enough dough that I can buy the girls shoes whenever I want
that the people I love are healthy this year
that I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and enough left over for charity
that these two are happy and healthy and funny (it was worth repeating because there are TWO of them, after all...):

No comments: