In fact, here are ALL the girls (DIVAS!) wearing their magic crowns. Grandma Connie bought the crowns as part of the birthday celebration that usually accompanys Thanksgiving at her house. Lizzie is holding one of her gifts, Tumbles the Dog, which, among other things rolls over and makes annoying noises, just like a real dog.
Here he is (after his name was changed to Snuggles Snugs) rolling over:
Here he is eating Daddy's shoe. Since Snuggles is not a real dog and we STILL can't keep it from eating shoes, I'm pretty sure that I will never convince Mr. Rasmussen to get a dog.
Here's the bird. Hannah and Lizzie could hardly wait to dig in. And although I have no pictures of it, they each devoured a drumstick. An entire drumstick. Each.
Here's Grandma (the one who did all the work) getting the turkey ready for carving:
Eventually we did get around to eating. Here is Rob contributing to the festivities by carving the turkey. He was mad because usually his contribution ends at taking the turkey out of the oven. This year he had to actually work (I on the other hand, contribute absolutely NOTHING).
Grandma Connie's talents extend well beyond the kitchen though. For years she's been saying that she can play the accordian. And she CAN!!! The girls (and I!) were thrilled. And look at that sparkly gold accordian????!!! She's the Liberace of accordian players.
See how excited the girls are? It was really so cool and in the nearly 20 years I've been a part of this family, I'd never seen this talent before!
Then of course we have just some random fun photos. Here are Hannah and Aunt Linda:
And Hannah and Uncle Dude:
It's not Thanksgiving unless we take a picture in front of a roaring fire:
And here's the whole gang, just before we dug into our delicious meal:
Grandma Connie's talents extend well beyond the kitchen though. For years she's been saying that she can play the accordian. And she CAN!!! The girls (and I!) were thrilled. And look at that sparkly gold accordian????!!! She's the Liberace of accordian players.
See how excited the girls are? It was really so cool and in the nearly 20 years I've been a part of this family, I'd never seen this talent before!
Then of course we have just some random fun photos. Here are Hannah and Aunt Linda:
And Hannah and Uncle Dude:
It's not Thanksgiving unless we take a picture in front of a roaring fire:
And here's the whole gang, just before we dug into our delicious meal:
Hope your Thanksgiving was equally delicious!!
No comments:
Post a Comment