Monday, January 5, 2009

I resolve

Hannah and Elizabeth both have New Year's Resolutions, even though they have no idea what a resolution is. That's probably why Hannah is resolving to keep her ears clean and Lizzie is resolving to eat crackers for lunch. Lizzie also said she hopes to be able to clean up the Earth, but not her room because (I kid you not) "You can just close the door of my room, there is no door on the Earth."
So I have a couple of resolutions, too.

First, I NEED to finish my memoir by March. I need to do this because I have two agents who want to see it AND I'm going to a writer's conference where there will be more agents who will, hopefully, also want to see it. Also, Hannah and Lizzie are now six years old which means I've been toying around with this book for six years. SIX YEARS. I wrote the book on autism in a lot closer to six weeks.

AND I need to finish it because I have this completely inexplicible desire to write a romance novel. I am not lying. I want to write one. Which means I will probably have to read one between now and March so that I can see what they are all about and if they have changed since I used to read them back in the Dark Ages.

My other resolution is to lose weight. I'm starting Weight Watchers tonight. Please -- no matter how much I beg -- do not feed me. :)

Finally, as I was looking back over the past year (I started blogging in March) I saw that while I posted about a million photos, there was one photo that I didn't post. I thought that I might use it as our Christmas photo because I just love the way the girls look in it. Since I went with a different photo, I thought I'd post it now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture but also the Christmas one was great. Anxious to read the book when it gets published and good luck with the new Momentum program. Aunt Brenda

Primrose Hill said...

that is my new all-time fave picture! Best of luck with the resolutions..I applaud you!