For February 22Outside my window... Much of the snow has melted from the previous two weeks, but it's still there. We've had bright sunshine for the last couple of days, too, but it's still cold. Not cold like you can't stand at the busstop for more than 30 seconds cold, but still C.O.L.D.
I am thinking... of spring. Of warm weather. Of complaining about heat and humidity. This winter has been hard on all of us, I think. Too much staying inside and breathing the same air. I want to open the windows and let springtime in. Only springtime is not (yet) cooperating.
I am thankful ... that my mom is on the mend. First she had the flu for about 37 weeks and then she fell and broke her arm. Here's hoping she'll be back to her weekly golf and domino outings SOON!
I am thankful ... that my mom is on the mend. First she had the flu for about 37 weeks and then she fell and broke her arm. Here's hoping she'll be back to her weekly golf and domino outings SOON!
From the kitchen... hamburger is defrosting for dinner. We're having meatloaf and mashed potatoes which continues to be one of my most favorite meals even though I now make it with lowfat beef and don't put butter on the mash.
I am wearing... green shirt with the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania logo, black leggings, hot pink fluffy socks, and blue crocs.
I am creating... lots of web content and some stories for the Eagle. I'm actually waiting to hear about interviews with Carrie Underwood and Wynton Marsalis.
I am going ... nowhere tonight. Or tomorrow. Last week was very busy with Brownies and lots of repair people coming to the house, but this week seems much more calm, although maybe because it's only Monday.
I am reading... The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen. It was a free download to my Kindle and it's a regency sort of romance, I guess. I just started it. I want to plug "The Help," though, which is one of the best books I've read this year or last year. I'm really looking forward to discussing it at book club in April. So much fodder there!
I am hoping... that I can continue to stay on my eating plan. I have changed to the online weight watchers and am considering attending a local TOPS meeting (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) for weekly weigh-ins.
I am praying ... that Hannah will continue to "stay on green" with her behavior at school.
I am hearing... General Hospital. What can I say? I still love it after all these years!
Around the house... I love doing these posts on Mondays because the house is in pretty good shape from the weekend. I did spend time doing laundry today that needs to be folded, and dinner is in various stages in the kitchen and I do have to vacuum my new living room rug ... so wait, maybe things AREN'T as in great shape as I thought... House looks lived in though and I love that!
One of my favorite things... is houseparty, www.houseparty.com. I'm hosting my first party on Friday. It's a sandwich revolution party and I'm having some friends over to create sandwiches and go home with prizes and other goodies from the company. The company sent me lots of coupons to buy some stuff and I provide the place and get a few EXTRA goodies for me.
A few plans for the week ahead... My friend Kim and her baby are planning a visit (YAY!!), and then I've got dance class with the girls, and the sandwich revolution party and I have to figure out what I'm doing at Sunday school this weekend, but other than that I'm planning lots of relaxation and bon bon eating.
A picture I am sharing ... For Lent I've decided to pray the rosary. Only I didn't have a rosary. So I bought one. This is a handmade family rosary that has a decade for each daughter (using birthstones), one for Rob, one for me, and then one for my mother. Pretty isn't it? Now if I could just remember the Act of Contrition... (kidding, I found it online so I'm good to go!)
2 comments:
I am totally going to make family rosaries. What a beautiful idea. I know my Mom will LOVE it!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Yes, and now I'm kicking myself for not thinking of asking my jewelry-making friends to make one for me!
Post a Comment