We do still find things to do when it's cold and snowy and generally too yucky for school buses outside. Here are some of the things we did over the last couple of snow days that we've had. First, let me say that Hannah has a unique fashion sense that I let her indulge on weekends and snow days when I'm pretty sure that no one will see us. So please forgive her ensembles for the rest of this post. Thank you.
Okay, so the first thing we did was to build a fort. Why I said we could build it in the living room I don't know, but we built it there, and it's still there. Here is Hannah showing off the sturdy roof we put on it.

And here is the palatial inside. They spent most of Thursday in the fort (some of it with me ... don't tell Rob but we ate lunch and snacks in there), so I can't complain. Nor can I complain about the 3,467 stuffed animals that eventually made their way up from the playroom to also join in the fort-fun, even though they are now no longer in the fort, but taking up residence all over my living room. But it looks snuggly in there doesn't it?

Here's a wide view of the fort, which I'm putting in here really to show off my new rug... 
We did manage to get outside for a little bit. The girls to build this daddy and baby snowmen pair, and me to take a picture of them. I particularly like the daddy snowman's pink hairband.
And, of course, no snow day is complete without dress up. We've gotten away from the Disney princess garb and gone straight to the dogs (ha, ha, I'm so funny) Here is Hannah posing as a poodle.

We did manage to get outside for a little bit. The girls to build this daddy and baby snowmen pair, and me to take a picture of them. I particularly like the daddy snowman's pink hairband.
And, of course, no snow day is complete without dress up. We've gotten away from the Disney princess garb and gone straight to the dogs (ha, ha, I'm so funny) Here is Hannah posing as a poodle.
And here is Lizzie just posing as Lizzie, although in the next pictures you'll see her as a dalmation:
See, here she is as a dalmation. She's holding a sign full of squiggly lines because she was too busy trying to figure out how to create actual dog paws to be bothered writing anything on the sign. Why she tried to write a sign at all is in the next picture...
...and that would be because HANNAH wrote a sign. Her sign reads, "The Dogs Are Here, Hooray" in case you can't read it or translate it.
Lizzie's time was spent coming up with these shoe covers that are actual dog paws. I'm frankly impressed by her creativity although not with my photography (although she was falling while I was taking this picture and I was using a point and shoot camera not my DSLR):
Here's a close-up so you can be impressed with the creativity, too. Please pray for no more snow days, because really, if you're so bored that you're making fake dog feet, it's time to go back to school...

See, here she is as a dalmation. She's holding a sign full of squiggly lines because she was too busy trying to figure out how to create actual dog paws to be bothered writing anything on the sign. Why she tried to write a sign at all is in the next picture...

...and that would be because HANNAH wrote a sign. Her sign reads, "The Dogs Are Here, Hooray" in case you can't read it or translate it.

Lizzie's time was spent coming up with these shoe covers that are actual dog paws. I'm frankly impressed by her creativity although not with my photography (although she was falling while I was taking this picture and I was using a point and shoot camera not my DSLR):

Here's a close-up so you can be impressed with the creativity, too. Please pray for no more snow days, because really, if you're so bored that you're making fake dog feet, it's time to go back to school...
1 comment:
You definitely need a real dog! Aunt Anonymous
Post a Comment