Finally, after seven years of waiting for the girls to turn five, we have added a pet to our family that does not require a tank. Rob and I (and by that I mean Rob) decided when the girls were small that five was a good age to get a dog.
Then five came and Rob developed pet amnesia.
In the fall, when our five year olds turned seven, Rob and I decided (and by that I mean I decided) it was time to get a dog.
And so here we are with a dog.
It's fulfills all of Rob's requirements, including it be non allergenic, pay for its own dinner and babysit Hannah and Lizzie.
Me? As soon as I read that standard poodles take walks reluctantly, can't spend too much time outside and need frequent naps, I was sold.
So, here's Cash -- named for Johnny Cash, the original man in black. I tried to get everyone to agree on D'Artagnan but no one except me could pronounce it. :(
I love this picture, so I'm starting with it. Both girls are totally in love with Cash, and so happy. Neither one of them wants to go to school tomorrow:

Cash seems pretty happy to live here now, too. In a really odd coincidence when we were waiting for the girls' bus today, he started to get really excited and go crazy when he saw the bus, even through he had no idea Hannah and Lizzie were on it. It's probably because he loves the color yellow or something, but I prefer to think that he knew his new people were on that bus:

Giving Cash his first bone (for the Garritys reading this, I think she looks so much like Tammy in this picture, with all the curls):

Such a handsome face:

Cash has already learned not to jump (although it may just be that he's in shock or suffering from Stockholm syndrome or something) but he loves to give kisses. Hannah likes them. Lizzie, not so much (which is why there are no pictures of the dog kissing her because she's usually screaming, CASH IS LICKING ME YUCK YUCK YUCK or something unphotogenic like that.)
Here's a photo that will give you an idea of how big he is. He's 15 weeks old now, and will probably grow to about twice this size and weigh somewhere between 50 and 70 pounds.
Here's a photo that will give you an idea of how big he is. He's 15 weeks old now, and will probably grow to about twice this size and weigh somewhere between 50 and 70 pounds.

2 comments:
Welcome to Cash! Dixie and Daisy can't wait to meet him. Aunt Anonymous
Oh, I love Cash and of course Hannah, Lizzie, Rob and YOU!
He looks so much like Harley!
Hmm, by the way, whoever wrote that standard poodles don't like walks doesn't know our Harley. But, hopefully Cash knows him/her.
How did you get him to stop jumping?
thanks for the great pics!
love,
Rachelle
Post a Comment