For March 19Outside my window... Brilliant, beautiful sunshine! I haven't had to wear a coat in three days now and it's almost like Mother Nature is making up for all the gross cold and snow of the past 47 weeks. The birds are singing, there isn't a cloud in the sky and it's looking pretty much like a Disney movie outside my window.
I am thinking... about getting a dog. Oh wait, I already HAVE a dog. So really what I'm thinking about are Cash's bowel and bladder habits. We're housebreaking and I think Cash has ALMOST got me trained...
I am thankful ... for this beautiful spate of warm weather. I sincerely hated the deluge we had this past weekend (something like 12 inches of rain in an hour) but if it made the way clear for this spring-y weather, I'm all for it.
I am thankful ... for this beautiful spate of warm weather. I sincerely hated the deluge we had this past weekend (something like 12 inches of rain in an hour) but if it made the way clear for this spring-y weather, I'm all for it.
From the kitchen... Typical Friday in Lent dinner. Tuna sandwiches and chips. When I was a kid we always had fishsticks and french fries (no ketchup) on Fridays in Lent. Today is actually St. Joseph's day or something so the priest said that the Lenten restrictions were waived, but I like tuna, so we're sticking with that.
I am wearing... green shirt with the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania logo, black leggings, barefeet.
I am creating... fiction! I've been reading a lot lately and whenever I read it always makes me want to write fiction. So I pulled out some old stuff. I have no idea if I'll finish anything, but it's fun to be able to make stuff up once in a while!
I am going ... to make an appointment with a new doctor for next week (although it's likely I won't get in for a month). She's an M.D. (mom) but she's also a holistic healer type of person and I think she might be able to help me with weight loss.
I am reading... Shutter Island. The movie just came out and I was reading a review that said the movie was almost as good as the book, so I figured I'd read the book. Just started it and so far I really like it.
I am hoping... that Cash's housebreaking improves. He's perfect during the day when it's just me and him, but when the girls get home, or on weekends, things get too crazy.
I am praying ... for my blog readers.
I am hearing... Hannah reading to Rob ... so sweet (and she's getting really good at reading!)
Around the house... one mess after another. I've got to get to it all this weekend before the piles overtake the house. The floors are muddy from the dog, stuff is stacked high to keep it away from the dog and the furniture is all moved around to keep the dog from getting at places that he shouldn't be getting. We need a spring cleaning soon!!!
One of my favorite things... is the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania. I've made some wonderful friends in the other leaders and I think our service unit (our little section of the council) is really good. Lots of things planned for the remainder of this year and even more for next year. I love girl scouts!
A few plans for the week ahead... Busy weekend. We've got the school dance tonight and then ice skating with the Girl Scouts tomorrow evening. Sunday is CCD and I'm hoping we'll be able to get out for a picnic before it turns cold again. Next week I'll be bringing our Service Unit's food donations to the North Coventry Food Pantry and trying to get my dog to learn to pee OUTSIDE the house.
A picture I am sharing... When I asked Hannah what she was doing, she responded: "I'm pretending to be you!" And you know, she's got it down pretty good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment