I remained unmoved.
Report cards came today and while in general they did well, there are areas that need work (and by areas, I mean math and by math I mean they cannot subtract any number that isn't on a clock, which Hannah discovered early on this year, could be used to count backwards thus saving the trouble of actually LEARNING the concept of subtraction...) So the summer homeschooling will begin on Monday.
However, before they left for school they were all smiles. Cash was all smiles, too, because he was clueless about what was happening to him today.

Here's a picture of our happy dog at about 8 a.m. See his fluffy face? His curly hair. His basically obscured eyes?

And here he is at about 2:30 this afternoon. Yes, it's true, Cash got his first haircut. He also turned 7 months old today. He's been a little crazy since he came home from the groomer. I think he's not used to the haircut -- or being able to see. But look at that handsome face:

Here he is with Hannah and Lizzie soon after we got home from the groomer (half-day at school). They have NOT stopped squealing with delight, although Lizzie thought maybe we brought home the wrong dog because he looked so different and upon reflection she stopped squealing and said she missed the "old Cash." But Lizzie is the child who, when she got her haircut last year thought I'd brought home the wrong child... ;) seriously, she thought she looked so different she cried and cried until I promised that her hair would go back, which, as you can see, it did:

And here is Mr. Cash in all his groomed glory. You can't smell him, but he smells like cherries. He may be just a shadow of his former (hairy) self, but in my (humble but totally correct) opinion, every bit as cute. 

We opted for a basic puppy cut, with a shaved face and paws. The girls asked if he could have a poofy poodle tail and I couldn't resist, so here it is. Cash isn't quite sure what that thing at the end of his tail is and he keeps trying to eat it. (Have I mentioned that he's not exactly a credit to his Einstein-like breed?):


1 comment:
Too cute! Probably also nice to have a short haircut for the summer. Uncle A said that he didn't think Cash was too big, until I explained that he is only 7 months old. Can't wait for updates on the math lessons...Aunt A
Post a Comment