For June 24Outside my window... The remnants of a summer thunder shower that washed the crazy humidity from the air.
I am thinking... how lucky we are to have made so many good friends in the area. It takes me an extra 10 or 15 minutes to drop the girls off at Vacation Bible School just from saying hello to friends.
I am thankful ... that Hannah and Elizabeth finished 1st grade as more mature, learned kids. And that they still manage to drive me crazy once in awhile -- to remind me that I'm thankful when they are NOT that way. :)
I am thankful ... that Hannah and Elizabeth finished 1st grade as more mature, learned kids. And that they still manage to drive me crazy once in awhile -- to remind me that I'm thankful when they are NOT that way. :)
From the kitchen... Sausage, onion and peppers are prepped and ready to throw in the skillet in about an hour.
I am wearing... light green polo shirt, grey capris, hair in ponytail. Pretty much the standard summer issue around here.
I am creating... a story about Boz Scaggs. I just finished it, actually. We've been quite creative around these parts lately. Not only have I written a couple dozen stories since the beginning of the month, the girls illustrated a book I wrote for their teachers. This year's book is "The Very Bored Princesses Solve a Mystery."
I am going ... to stick to my eating plan with gusto! Now that my physical therapist has me up and exercising (what happened to the massage and heat is beyond me.... but I'm trying!) so it seems like a good idea to eat better, too. That's why the sausage and peppers described above is made with TURKEY sausage.
I am reading... nothing right this second. I just finished "The Apothecary's Daughter" which was pretty good and "A Reliable Wife," which was excellent. I've got a couple other books downloaded to my Kindle (sorry T.A.) but haven't picked which one to start on yet. Hours at the pool give me lots of time to read!
I am hoping... that the thunderstorms are over for the day and the girls can go to the pool after dinner.
I am hearing... Toy Story 2 very faintly. I'm happy for the rain because Hannah and Liz are completely overwrought with Vacation Bible School in the morning and then swimming all afternoon. They both burst into tears when they got into the car after VBS this morning so I am happy to have a low-key afternoon.
Around the house... if I'm being honest (which I always try to be even at great personal sacrifice...) there are several disaster areas that need to be cleaned. We need to practice putting the clean clothes away OR install drawers on the dining room table upon which three loads of clean, folded laundry now sits!
One of my favorite things... our neighborhood pool. We are loving the new relationships with our neighbors and the members (including Rob) worked really hard to get the pool looking good this year. We've BBQ'd down there a few times and packed dinner to eat there, too. It's not crowded at all, but usually during the time we're down there (which is just about every day for many hours!) someone else wanders down to chat.
A few plans for the week ahead... .lots going on. There's the Vacation Bible School picnic, a pool party, ZOO CAMP and probably some swimming in the ocean and eating of ice cream.
A picture I am sharing... Hannah is such a girly-girl. Here she's doing Lizzie's nails. Lizzie loves to play with her sister, so she allows the painting and hair styling (kind of like Rob), but honestly, she is NOT a girly-girl and does this only to be nice to her sister. I love it when they are nice to each other this way, so I couldn't resist taking a picture for those times (MOST OF THE TIME) when they are sniping at each other:
For other daybooks, visit www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com
For other daybooks, visit www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment