For August 20, 2010Outside my window... you can just start to get a whiff of fall in the air. It's hot, for sure (as it has been for every single day of this summer) but when you look around you can see some of the leaves starting to get a little blush of red and in the evenings when I take Cash for his midnight walk I have even considered grabbing a sweater. Fall is coming.
I am thinking... that at this time tomorrow I'll be with family in the Poconos. Probably eating pizza. Definitely laughing.
I am thankful ... that Lizzie has finally developed a sense of humor. I'm still hopeful that Hannah will, but for now I'm happy that Lizzie falls on the floor laughing at my jokes because she really does GET them.
I am thankful ... that Lizzie has finally developed a sense of humor. I'm still hopeful that Hannah will, but for now I'm happy that Lizzie falls on the floor laughing at my jokes because she really does GET them.
From the kitchen... tuna salad made for dinner and not much else. The kitchen is totally in vacation mode although I'm wondering if anyone would think it weird if I took my Keurig coffee maker with me to the mountains. I'm not sure I can be separated from it for a week.
I am wearing... blue polo shirt, blue (a different blue) capri leggings. Everything else I own is either in the laundry, waiting to be packed or packed.
I am creating... my plan 0f action for once school starts. At the moment I'm all about working more, buying an elliptical trainer and working out, baking my own bread and cleaning my house from top to bottom. But I'll probably just take a lot of naps at first.
I am going ... to the Poconos ... haven't you heard??? ;)
I am reading... Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It was a free Kindle download and I'm liking it much better than I did when I HAD to read it in college.
I am hoping... that we have an uneventful but extremely fun vacation. And that Hannah and Lizzie have at least one good friend in their classrooms next year. Teacher assignments come out next week.
I am hearing... Hannah talking to Rob about the Jump Start program she just finished at school. Cash dreaming that he's chasing something that requires yips an growls.
Around the house... lots of clothes in piles, suitcases open and still pretty empty, phones, ipods, dvd players and all sorts of other electronics charging. Once all that is packed up, things will look pretty good. I like to leave the house in some sort of order when I go away since it stinks to come back all relaxed and have to vacuum right away. (Not that I have ever done that...)
One of my favorite things... The Vicar of Dibley on PBS. I've been watching it via Netflix Watch Instantly and it is so so so so so funny in a Tracy kind of humor way. I seriously stayed up way too late last night watching six episodes and I was laughing so hard I thought everyone else in the house would wake up.
A few plans for the week ahead... eating out, laughing with family, Piggys, Terra Cottage, hiking, swimming, turtle races ... and that's just Sunday... :) VACATION!!!
A picture I am sharing... My friend Kim(berly) visited earlier this week with her absolutely delightful daughter Vivienne (Vivie) whom Hannah an Lizzie tried to impress with their dog imitations. They also played with the zhou zhou pets, american girl dolls and went night, night. Total girly girl afternoon:
For other daybooks go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

For other daybooks go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment