Friday, September 3, 2010

But Wait, There's More

You know, the Poconos (and this is the final of three posts) is not all about family and fun. It's also about ICE CREAM. Here are three children who happily enjoyed their ice creams at Hog Heaven despite the frigid temperatures. I would like to say that I actually DO occasionally comb my children's hair ... just not (apparently) on vacation:
The lagoon is always a lot of fun, too. Here's my niece Brenna building sandcastles with a friend she made at the beach.

Tommy and Lizzie building their sandcastle. Or just getting ready to dump sand and water on each other. They did both...


Now I know this looks like Brenna is going to dump water on Lizzie, but the truth of the matter is that she filled up this cup over and over again and dumped water on herself:

Oh, and then there's Piggys. We love Piggys. I love it because I can get an onion and pepper omelet with amazing homefries. Rob loves the price. Hannah and Lizzie love the fact that if they are very good during the week (or if Grandma tells me I have to) they get to choose a gift from the pig-themed gift shop.
As I mentioned in a previous post, we had a Garrity Family Talent Show. In fact, because we are all so talented, we had TWO Garrity Family Talent Shows. Here Tommy is doing a demonstration of Karate. I know it doesn't really look like it, but every time he came near me doing a pose or a kick or something I flinched in fear and didn't get a picture:
There was also lots of relaxing. Here T.A. and Tommy try to catch some rays once the sun came out:

Here's a picture of Hannah singing in the Split Rock Talent show. Hannah has a beautiful voice, but she was very shy about singing in front of the family. In fact she refused to do it until I promised her one of Aunt Tina's very delicious chocolate chip cookies. And THEN she refused to sing in front of the men. However, later that evening she could not wait to sing in front of about 150 strangers. Go figure. She got a whole bunch of cheers and a standing ovation from the crowd - s0me of them not even related to her (but I have t0 admit that I was clapping the loudest -- I was beyond proud of her!) She wants me to videotape her and put it on my blog, but I'll save that for a later day:
Dominoes is a huge game for us. We play just about every night. I have yet to win, but it's still fun. Oh, and even though T.A. is standing there, we don't let men play:
Here's a picture of a waterfall. It's a little hard to see because I photoshopped it up and then lost the original (but I like this one when it's bigger so I don't care). The reason I am posting it is because in order to take pictures of the waterfall I had to hike deep into the woods (at least 1/2 mile!) on uneven terrain (at least a couple of rocks) to get to the spot:

Here are Rob and Lizzie walking ahead of me:
And here are the rocks I had to climb down and then up again to get the shot. I am happy to report that I did not kill myself on the rock and not just because Rob told me every three seconds that in two more steps there was a sheer drop:


Here are Rob, Hannah and Lizzie at the top of the waterfall.
Here's one of the celebrities we got to meet at the Country Junction store. I originally thought this should be my Christmas Card this year, but decided to put it on the blog instead:
We also met a camel at the Country Junction ... I'm tell you that only so you don't think we went to Egypt or something on our trip.
And with that, we come to the end of another exciting trip to the Poconos. We already (and by we, I mean ME) can't wait until next year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! Hannah has a beautiful voice!