We bought our home from a couple who did not have young children. Because of that, they decided that they could actually landscape the yard. Which means that smack dab in the middle of the yeard is a (pricey, I'm told) Japanese Maple tree. I have never liked the tree as it messes up my own personal Feng Shui in the backyard, but I tolerated it because I really don't spend much time out there, and when I am, I am not the one tossing a frisbee or riding my bike. I am the one in the hammock.
Enter Cash.
Cash is a dog who likes to run around like a crazy person. He has a very long rope that allows him to do this, but, because he is NOT a credit to the intelligence of his breed, that means he spends most of his time outside twisting himself up on knots on the Japanese Maple. It is BEYOND ANNOYING to have to get him untwisted which is one of my essential dog-care jobs. So I asked Rob to cut the bush/tree down. Or transplant it, if he's got some attachment to it.
As usual, Rob has ignored my request.
So this weekend Hannah and Lizzie were riding their bikes around the house and Cash was chasing them and he's gotten better at it, so they have to be really quick to escape him. They also have to be ready to make hairpin turns or even jump off their bikes. Which this weekend meant that Lizzie kept getting herself tangled up in the Japanese Maple tree.
And everytime she did it she'd say, "Who plants a tree in the middle of a backyard?" or "Why is this bush still here?"
To which I'd reply (from my place on the hammock), "I told Daddy to cut it down, but he won't."
After about 14 of these exchanges Rob came into the backyard just as she was complaining. When I said "I told Daddy to cut it down by he won't," she turned to him and yelled,
"DADDY YOU NEED TO OBEY YOUR WIFE!!!"
That's my Lizzie!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment