Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wii are 8

So Hannah and Lizzie turned 8 on a day when I was sick, sick, SICK. Not that it mattered to anyone but I did rally enough to make them cupcakes -- which were not only enjoyed by Hannah and Lizzie, but also Cash. We think he ate six of them, but since there was no crumb evidence (0ther than a little vanilla frosting on his ear) it's our guess that Hannah may have helped him in the commission of the crime and the eating of the cupcakes.

Anyway, the girls had a great birthday and even though I told them time and time again that their trip to Great Wolf Lodge was their present, I'm a total sucker for birthdays so I got them the Wii, too. It has turned out to be a whole lot of fun. Here t hey are boxing. I swear I laugh everytime I see them play this game. And they ALWAYS knock out their opponents. I usually win by decision, but then I'm more of a pacifist. Clearly though, it's the footwork used by both of them, that gets them the KO.

And while we're talking about knocked out -- is anyone else bowled over that Hanah and Lizzie are 8?? I mean, wasn't I just changing diapers and stressing that they might actually cry until they were 18?? And seriously how did THEY get to be 8 when I only aged a few mere months?

As always I honor their birthparents on their birthday. They were there, helping them get into this world. So that we could teach them to box. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Cash just sitting there while all the girls are boxing! Aunt A