Saturday, February 12, 2011

Highs and Lowe's

First of all let me say that the title of this blog post is probably my favorite title EVER. And that's just one of the things that has made me happy this week. Other things that made me happy? Let me tell you about the high points of our week!

First, Hannah has brought her reading up TWO levels since the beginning of the year. She went from the lowest Tier Group to the highest Tier Group. There is still work to be done, but I'm just so so so proud of her because I know just how hard she has worked on her reading. Lizzie is doing well, too, as she got a "4" on her oral report. A "4" in our school district means that you've exceeded the grade level expectations. Lizzie's report was on the Wright Brothers. Lizzie also had been struggling in math a little bit, but managed to get a high 3 on her mid-year exam. Hannah's managed to bring her math scores up to a solid 2 (which means she's approaching the standard for the grade level) and that was pretty fantastic for her, too. We haven't gotten her oral report grade back yet, but I'm sure (I) she did well on that, too. Her report was on Susan B. Anthony. Here's happy reading girl with Rob at Dunkin' Donuts.

And now for the Lowe's.... I signed the girls and Rob up for this past weekend's Build and Grow workshop at Lowe's. It's entirely free and the girls each got an apron, a patch, goggles and the project. Since free is Rob's favorite price point he was happy to do the projects with the girls. They made music boxes and they came out great. The music box plays music from "Swan Lake" and the lid is a giant heart. Perfect for Valentine's Day. Here they are in their Lowe's do it yourself garb:


Here's a close-up of the music box. I think it's a pretty cool program if you've got kids and an hour to spare on a Saturday morning:


So as you can see lots of highs and Lowe's here this past week. In fact, things were SO GOOD that even the vegetables were smiling at dinner last night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tracy. You are awesome to put the link for Lowe's Build & grow Clinics. Rohit would really love to do such projects. I enrolled him for March 12th program.

Rekha