
My absolute favorite moment of the Superbowl came just before half-time. Here's the exchange between Lizzie and I.
Lizzie: Which team are we rooting for again?
Me: Well, it doesn't really matter because none of the teams we root for are in the Superbowl. Not the Eagles or the Giants or even the Jets.
Lizzie: What about the Wedgies?
Me: The Wedgies?
Rob (always helpful): The Wedgies would be a great name for a football team.
Lizzie: You know ... the Wedgies ... Aunt Tina's favorite team!
Me: You mean the Yankees?
Lizzie: Oh yeah, the YANKEES.
I'm still laughing (and I know that my parents are probably crying as this gross lack of football -- or really any sort of sport -- knowledge.
Hannah just came right out and TOLD me she wasn't really a fan of baseball. Except, of course, we were watching FOOTBALL.
Lizzie also wanted to know if the players wore underpants under their tight shorts -- so at least she's showing SOME interest in the game.
2 comments:
I'm impressed that the Superbowl was even on in your home! Aunt A
Hey Tray--
The Yankees are a baseball team
Post a Comment