Hannah and Lizzie make their First Holy Communion in a few weeks, so I thought it was a good idea to try and get some photos of them and let them practice walking in their dresses. First Communion dresses have changed A LOT since I was 8. Now they are really like little bride dresses. They also COST as much as a bridal gown. I was able to do my usual online magic and did not have to pay the $100-plus for each dress, and Hannah and Lizzie were thrilled with their choices. Here are some of the OUTTAKES from our photo session.
First up is Hannah. Hannah LOVES to model and takes direction really, really well (when she's not laughing hysterically). So we started with this one:
Then I asked her to look a little more serious:
Then I told her to lighten it up a little because that first picture made it look like something smelled bad in the room. And I got this picture (which I love, but is NOT First Communion acceptable...) In fact, we really didn't get a great single shot of Lizzie (yet -- I haven't given up hope):
This is what happens after about 4,000 photos, NONE of which satisfy your mother. In the back, Hannah is trying to show Lizzie (badly) what it's like to look serious:

And laughing...
And LAUGHING!!
Finally, we got a nice one. YIPPEE:









1 comment:
Very nice. I am sure they will do just fine on the big day and be very serious.
Post a Comment