Friday, April 22, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

For April 22, 2011

Outside my window... It may quite possibly be spring this weekend. It was sunny and cold for most of the day, but the predicted thunderstorms are supposed to usher in some warmer air for the weekend. I hope so. These 400 days of winter have tried my patience. Today is Earth Day, by the way. I celebrated by putting three water bottles in the recycle. ;)

I am thinking... that I love having friends over to my house because they rock AND because now my house is nice and clean for the Easter holiday.

I am thankful ... for my friends and family for helping me to navigate the past two months since my mom died. It's easier to be gracious and brave when so many dear people have your back.

From the kitchen... It's Good Friday so not much is going on in there. Tuna salad is cooling in the refrigerator and I'm going to be making some cupcakes for dessert for Easter, but I probably won't be doing that until tomorrow.

I am wearing... black leggings, white shirt -- very conservative!

I am creating... a story about Johnny Mathis. I interviewed him a couple of weeks ago. Read about it in the Reading Eagle next Thursday. He was really a cool guy!

I am going ... to Kolb's Dairy to get some of their most delicious organic (and fresh since the cows are right there!) milk and some quinoa. The dairy has all sorts of cool flours and grains and so even though it's about twice as far away since we moved (three years ago!) I still go there. Oh, and they make outstanding milkshakes, too.
I am reading... "A Discovery of Witches." Actually I finished it on Monday and it was one of the most fun books I've read in a loooooooong time. So happy my friend Amy E. suggested it for book club and I can't wait to talk about it. It's a witchy/vampire mystery love story so it sort of encapsulates several of my favorite genres.
I am hoping... to continue to eat healthy, exercise and pay attention to my stress level so that I can lose weight.

I am hearing... MarioKart on the Wii and Lizzie on the piano. Lizzie's gotten quite good. I'll post a video of her playing, soon.

Around the house... things are looking pretty good! We had friends over this morning so I cleaned AND vacuumed. I love it when my house is pulled together and I wonder why I don't clean more often and then I remember that I DON'T LIKE TO CLEAN. 

One of my favorite things...Lindt truffles. Each one has 2 Weight Watchers Points, but they are OH. SO. WORTH. IT.

A few plans for the week ahead... Tomorrow the girls are going back to the Lowe's Build and Grow workshop to make window birdhouses (where you can see the bird build the nest through your window) and then it's Easter so I'm pretty sure there will be some church-going and maybe some visiting. Next week is the usual busyness of school volunteering, class projects, coffee with friends and math homework.
A picture I am sharing... It poured here this weekend but that didn't stop Hannah and Liz from playing outside. We had spent the afternoon traipsing around a Girl Scout camp, so they were already pretty wet before this. I call this "Walking in the Rain with the One You Love."

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Lizzie doesn't look too sure about this rain stuff.