So we are back from vacation and awaiting the hurricane, so I am posting these pictures from Week 10 of our summer, which was TWO weeks ago, so I'm not sure I'm going to remember exactly what happened. Because I'm not really even sure what happened two DAYS ago. Anyway, I'll post week 11 tomorrow as usual, and then some additional pictures (and VIDEO!!) of our vacation during the week. Summer (sadly) ends on Monday morning unless Irene (the hurricane) decides to cause enough damage to delay school for a day (or 30 if Hannah and Lizzie get their wish...)
Day 61: This is us at the Ridge Diner, after church. I think Lizzie is explaining to Rob how big her pancake needs to be, but I'm not sure:
Day 62: A surprise visit from the Hand family. YAY!!!!!! I've know Kara since she only had three kids :) and now she's got SIX. Yes, it's true, only TWO of those kids are mine and the rest are hers! Kara and I met when her daughter Georgia (standing to Lizzie's left) and Hannah and Lizzie were in the same preschool class. I love it when Kara stops by as my house always sounds so full and happy:

Day 63: I had a lot of back to school things to do this week, so we didn't get to go as many places as we usually do. So today we discovered the fun that you can have in your own backyard on this swingset that we've had since the girls were three or so. Hannah's favorite thing to do on the swings is to jump off them. Barefoot.
Day 64: This is the day I discovered that I left my camera out in the rain and it wasn't working anymore, so I had to switch to my yucky camera (that's not the official name for it) and go into deep morning. On a happy note, I discovered when we got back from our trip (during which I took only yucky pictures) that the camera is working, although the auto-focus is not. So at least I can take cool pictures of the hurricane. If it ever gets here. Anyway, on Day 64 I will let you know that school-time meetings have already begun. This is the agenda for my Service Team meeting for the Girls Scouts. I'm the liaison for the elementary school as well as a delegate to the state organization. The night before this I had a meeting of the Everyday Math Task force and next week I've got my first CCD staff meeting:

Day 65: I took a break from the back-to-school laundry and watching the rain to take Hannah and Liz to the local McDonald's play area -- also known as the 7th ring of hell. Especially when everyone in the town of Pottstown had the exact same idea. And the place's credit card machine wasn't working so I had to dig to the bottom of my pocketbook to find enough dimes to afford two happy meals. The girls had a good time though and I did find two other moms to commiserate with, even if one of them thought I was so nice to take my grandchildren to McDonalds on a rainy day. Big sigh...

Day 66: The last coffee of summer. Hannah and Lizzie were very upset that coffee time has ended for the summer. They felt bad for themselves and bad for me, too, so I didn't tell them that coffeetime for ME is year-round. They marked the occasion by going formal (this is Hannah and Zoe):




2 comments:
Great update! Will stay tuned for more wonderful pictures from the Poconos.
Where's your like button....glad you are all home safe, we miss you guys..:( Ann & Co.
Post a Comment