Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Way Back Weekly

Four/fifths of this group got together this weekend (Aunt Anonymous was unfortunately absent) so I thought I'd post a picture of what we all looked like Way Back When.
This picture was taken at Ging Ging's apartment, probably around 1970. I know it's Ging Ging's apartment because of the secretary in the mirror (which is now in my dining room.) I cleaned out the secretary when we moved a few years ago and found a bill from when Ging Ging lived on Blanchard Road. It was an electric bill for something like $12.
Anyway, I like this picture because it shows how stylish I was before my time. Do you notice that I'm sporting the Snooki bump? Now bump-its are all the rage, but I was sporting one more than 40 years ago ... it's about time the rest of the world caught up. And speaking of hair, everyone else in the photo (except for TA) has the very 70s straight long hair. I think it's interesting that Tina is still sporting the pixie that my mother favored, but the rest of us must have staged some sort of 70s sit in to get our hair grown longer!
Oh, and I also love that T.A. is holding my hand in this photo.
I was hoping when I lightened the picture that I would see who was taking the picture, but whoever it was, was sitting on the chair so he or she isn't reflected in the mirror.


2 comments:

Aunt Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the get together...this is actually a pretty nice picture of everyone...noone has their eyes shut!!!

Aunt Brenda said...

That's a nice picture of all of you!