Oh snow, how I have missed you (NOT!) Last winter we had very little snow. In fact, we had ZERO snow days which meant the girls got out of school the very beginning of June. I have a love-hate relationship with snow. I love the way it looks outside, but I don't like the way it get tracks all over the INSIDE of my house. I like the way it looks outside, but I don't like that it has to be COLD to snow. And I love the way it looks outside, but I don't like to drive in it with other people who appear to have never driven in snow.
We've already used our allotment of snow days this year (they only budget for two) thanks to the hurricane, but I was still surprised when the girls had school this morning. Because they had early dismissal a week or so ago when it was just supposed to snow, but didn't, and this is what my yard looked like this morning. Actual snow:
I was NOT surprised, however, when their bus failed to show up at the end of our driveway. It's not a lot of snow -- and it's still not, even though it's been snowing lightly since 7 a.m. -- but it's enough to mess up the traffic on the curvy, hilly roads around here. So we waited about 35 minutes for the bus and then I got bored enough (and cold enough) to drive everyone to school.
So I loaded the girls, a neighbor child and Cash (who was outside playing in the snow with us while we waited for the bus) and drove everyone to school. It's one road all the way down, but I still managed to test my anti-lock brakes a few times and make a nasty comment at some guy who was doing about 50 on a road that is supposed to be traveled on at 35 on a dry day ... but we made it without serious incident.
Everyone got to school late and then school closed two hours early (because why not send them back on the bus again in the snow!) so now everyone is here and fighting. Yay. :(
But my backyard looks pretty, doesn't it?

1 comment:
It is pretty to look at but that's it for me!
Post a Comment