Sunday, November 25, 2012

Way Back and Blog News

Hey everyone, I'm Baaaaaack!
I had no idea that I hadn't blogged in a month -- well except for my (two) loyal readers who mentioned it to me. :)
Anyway, I'm back and we'll jump right in with a Way Back Weekly.

This picture was taken in front of our house in Elk Grove Village, Illinois in 1965 (according to the date stamp) and since we are wearing jackets it's probably August. (ha, ha!) I'm actually thinking it's the early spring because I look much closer to six, than seven years old (as evidenced by my missing teeth). The house in Elk Grove was big enough for us, but the yard was (to my recollection) pretty tiny, so we are probably standing near the sidewalk in this photo. Oh and notice the lovely landscaping under the windows. That one larger bush had red berries on it that I ate one year. And I shouldn't have. Blech.
And gosh aren't we CUTE? That's me on the left, Terry in the middle and Aunt Anonymous on the right. I have to say though that every time I see a picture of Terry around this age it looks just like her son, Casey.
So here's my "news" if you've read this far. I'm going to try to post something (a way back, photos, interesting tidbits, the simple woman's daybook) EVERY DAY between now and Christmas. I KNOW. It's exciting, isn't it? :)
Seriously, I've got all this stuff (photos) backed up and didn't get around to posting, so now I'm going to do it for days and days in a row. So, I guess this means I'll see you tomorrow.


1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Well - I know at least two people who are glad!!