Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dance Demo 2013

Today was the girls' Dance Demo (otherwise known as a recital) for their Ballet class. They moved up to a more advanced level and while Lizzie loves the discipline (and she's got great feet for ballet according to her teacher) and the barre work, Hannah (who has terrible flat feet for ballet according to her teacher) does not like anything about ballet these days. However, when you look at the video that I shot during their dress rehearsal yesterday, she is the only kid smiling. Hannah may not like ballet that much, but she loves being on stage and like she told me, "no one is going to be looking at my feet!" :)

So here's their demo. It's my usual terrible video work an I only shot half the stage because that's all I could get in, and still be able to discern Lizzie (in the front row) and Hannah (in the back row, just behind Liz). So when they are standing their doing nothing, you can be assured that the girls on the other side of the stage are dancing.


Today I got a shot of the girls on stage:

After the show with their flowers (and while Hannah IS taller than Lizzie she was wearing boots and Lizzie was still in her dance shoes):


And finally with their biggest dance boosters Shelby and Aunt Terry (and dad!):


No comments: