Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The End of Spring

I know, I know ... it's been a month since I posted anything. Well let me tell you not only have things been their usual crazy busy around here, I also had computer problems. It would take HOURS for photos to load into blogger.
So, I solved that problem by purchasing a new computer. I'm trying to move some photos over, but I think I've got enough to let you know what we've been doing for the past couple of months.

Lizzie is obsessed with hummingbirds. I have no idea why, but when Rob took her to the store and said she could buy herself something special, she picked a hummingbird feeder. She and I made the solution (sugar water) and set the thing out. I had NO confidence that any hummingbirds would show up, but by the next day we were a regular truck stop for hummingbirds. Lizzie was thrilled:



The Girl Scout Father Daughter dance took up a lot of my time at the end of May. It was a terrific time though according to ME. I was the DJ as well as the host, but luckily I had a couple of crafty moms to help out with the decorations. Here are Rob and Hannah dancing. Lizzie wasn't into dancing as much as she was complaining that Hannah was hogging daddy all the time, but I think complaining makes her happy, so she had a good time, too.

Here's the gym at the girls elementary school that we turned into the dance hall. The white building with the pink door was the photo booth we hired for the night and it was a HUGE hit. The table in the foreground has a craft project that were bookmarks that could be made and decorated with the set of photos from the photo booth.

Here's my gang at the dance. They are standing in front of the balloon arch that the other moms made. It also was a huge hit, especially at the end of the evening when we took it apart and the girls got to take balloons home:
Here's the snack table with the chocolate fountain. By the time the girls and their dads all arrived this table was filled with snacks all great for dipping in the chocolate. Yum!

No sooner had the Father Daughter Dance ended then we had another girl scout event. THe Leader Daughter activity is just for leaders and their daughters to thank them for sharing us with the troop for the year. We've done cooking and line dancing and theater games and this year we made fairy gardens. Here is Hannah and her garden:

Lizzie's fairy garden:

A closer look at Hannah's garden:


A closer look at Lizzie's garden:


 We didn't get to have our last day of school picnic on the last day of school because it was pouring (and frankly it feels like it's been pouring ever since!) so the next day we celebrated with cinnamon buns on the deck.

Stay tuned for more posts now that I've got the computer up and running!!

2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Nice going - you had a really busy time!! Love all the pictures from the dance and the "basket gardens" are so neat!!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, thanks for the hummingbird sugar solution idea. I have to try that tonight. :)
Girls are looking beautiful!!

Rekha