So Hannah (being Hannah) did the one thing I forgot to mention. She came home in TWO pieces.
I got the call on Monday night that she'd been doing back flips in the pool and hit her mouth on the side of the pool and left a little piece of her at the bottom of the pool. That piece came from her front tooth.
So here is how Hannah looked a couple of weeks before I sent her to camp:
And this is how she looked when the camp director called me Monday night:
Now as you can see, she's SMILING, and somehow (in her totally Hannah way!) she did not injure her lip or her nose or chin. She ONLY broke her tooth. Since she was smiling and since she begged me to let her stay at camp, I made the executive decision to give her some advil and let her stay The next morning I called the dentist and pretty much told them that she was at camp (I didn't mention that the camp was 10 minutes from the dentist!) and she'd see the dentist when she was home. So today we went to the dentist and I got a little yelled at for waiting a week to get the tooth treated (I seem to always get yelled at by this dentist, who, I believe would have us move in with him to monitor the girls' teeth if he could!) and a mere 30 minutes later Hannah looked like this:
Hannah's thrilled to have her smile back and the dentist told me it did not look like there was any root involvement at all. He said the tooth and the incisor next to it were both a little loose, but he figured they'd tighten up in the next two weeks when we have to go back just for a quick check. I think it's cool that he even put the little groove back in the bottom of her tooth!
We've got a consult with the orthodontist in a couple of weeks and will begin the process of getting braces, but for now all is well with Hannah's teeth.


1 comment:
Tracy,
Hope you are doing well.
Nothing new happening on your side??? your blog is not updated since July. :)
Post a Comment