This is right after the dance demo when Lizzie got her flowers for a job well done -- and she did really well, so they were deserved. Hannah wanted to wear her crown and sash to the demo, but we compromised on the blingy shirt. I had no control over Bob's hat:
Lizzie's modern dance outfit. She did not care for modern dance at all, but will probably take it again next year. She's kind of an old-fashioned girl.
This was the dance from one of her three ballet classes. It had a tango theme and was really cool. She liked this dance a lot!
This is a little in reverse, but I took this picture just before she left for the demo. Her hair is pretty much down to her waist these days (depending on humidity which curls it up!) so I am always very proud of myself when I get it all into a bun!
And now onto pageant photos, which are in NO particular order because it was taking too long to move them around. In this picture Hannah is receiving her crown case. Truth be told Lizzie was holding it for Hannah and dropped it and it cracked, so now I'm on the lookout for a new crown case, although the superglue repaired it nicely and you can't really even see the crack. Hannah was so tired when it happened (and it was so clearly an accident) that she didn't even complain:
It was the year of the Latina at Cinderella. Hannah's here with the teen winner (who is Mexican) and then the tot winner (who is not Latina but absolutely adorable!)
Hannah and Daniela again, this time posing with the Mini Miss winner Madison. Madison can DANCE ... she was amazing. I heard Daniela was, too (she's a ballerina and trained with the ABT) but I was almost always dealing with Hannah when the teens were performing:
One of my favorite pageant photos (and I took it in almost no light!) of Hannah's first official wave.
Lizzie thought for about 30 seconds that she might like to do the pageant next year (since Hannah won't be competing) and she certainly could -- but then I reminded her that she'd have to talk to people (her least favorite thing) AND wear dresses (her second least favorite thing) so that dream died pretty early:
The top three girls in the Miss category giving each other a hug for luck before the grand finals. One of my favorite things about this pageant is that sportsmanship is really stressed and the girls really do root for each other!
Susan was 1st runner up in the Woman category and she and Hannah got to be good friends throughout the weekend. Here they are at the disco dance:
The girls all introduce themselves during casual wear. This is Hannah on the big screen:
They had fireworks during the disco party (it was the resort not the Cinderella people, but we did have a great viewing place outside the party!) Rob and Lizzie watching:
Hannah at the disco party with Adriana (who became the Tot). Everyone who knows Hannah knows she loves little kids, so a bunch of them always seek her out at the Cindy stuff.
Time for an ice cream break, after the casual wear competition. (Hannah couldn't eat hers until we got back to the room and she changed out of her outfit!)
The Miss contestants (there were 13 this year) in their casual wear.
Rob and Liz at the disco party:
One of Hannah's official portraits (looking a little tired, I think - it was an exhausting three days!):
My favorite photo, taken by the Cinderella photographer, seconds after Caitlin crowned Hannah (Sabrina Auge is the adult -- a former Cindy winner herself). I love how joyful she is and Caitlin's bittersweet smile. And so begins our year...



















1 comment:
Such great pictures and memories to last a life time. Congratulations to Hannah for winning her part of the pageant and to Lizzie for her dance!!
Post a Comment