Monday, June 2, 2014

Dancing and Singing!

The past two weekends have been CRAZY and I've been able to see how talented both my daughters are (as if I didn't know!)
First up is Lizzie's dance recital. This was her first year on pointe and she was wonderful (in my humble and totally correct opinion!) Here's a video of that performance. It's a little hard to see her since all the girls sort of look alike! In the beginning of the video she's the girl on the far left wearing the dress (as opposed to a tutu). When they start doing the turns she is the first girl to cross the stage and during the double turns she is in the first pair, in the front.  She finishes the dance as the girl second from the right. She was very very very nervous before she had to dance, but she really rose to the occasion. She also danced in two other ballet pieces and one modern, but I didn't video those (we get a video of the performance which is probably better than mine!)  but wanted to make sure we ahd a record on the blog of the first toe-dance!
Here it is:



 Last weekend was Hannah's pageant. She won the overall title, so her new official name is 2014/15 PA Cinderella Miss. My new name is Queen Mum!
The Cinderella scholarship program isn't a once and done thing. Hannah now needs to represent PA in Las Vegas in July and then she has duties throughout the year. The program emphasizes poise, good manners and a well-rounded person as their winners. Talent is 50 percent of the score.
Hannah sparkled all weekend long. Here's her song though -- I'm pretty sure this put her over the top. More pictures of singing and dancing in a subsequent post but I wanted to get this up here for all you non facebook types:

1 comment:

Aunt Anonymous said...

Beautiful job by both. I can see that we will have a wonderful talent show in August!!!