Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Wacky Weekend

I'm not gonna lie, our weekends are BUSY and sometimes CRAZY, but you know, with two teenagers in the house I guess it's to be expected.
However, it's weekends like these that I wonder about my sanity in adopting twin girls when I was 44. Now it's 14 years later and I am no longer 44 (I'll let you do the math...it's too sad for me!) and I spend a LOT of time running around (or more realistically DRIVING around.)
So this was our weekend. Not typical, but not totally outside the realm of typicality either.

It started on Friday evening when Hannah had to be at the 7th and 8th grade dance at the same time that Lizzie had to be at the dress rehearsal for her dance company's spring show. Luckily Liz had to be at rehearsal at 5 and the dance didn't start until 7. Unluckily Hannah needed help with her hair at the same time I was dropping Liz off. The pick up was a little more dicey since both had to be picked up at 9, but by that time Rob was home from work and both girls got home safely and in a somewhat timely manner.

The goods news is that I had THIS to get me too and fro. This is my new (to me) car! It's a 2015 Honda Pilot in dark cherry. I got it with about 35,000 miles on it and while I usually don't like a car that is smarter than me I'll make an exception with this one. My last car was a 2005 Pilot and this car has stuff like bluetooth and mp3 connections and an automatic hatch opener (and closer). It's got one of those back up cameras, too, but at the moment I find it too confusing to use.

So driving around this weekend wasn't so bad!

On to Saturday. On Saturday Rob took Hannah down to the shore to clean up Grandma's house some so Liz slept in and I want to work and did a few readings and then went to the store because Liz discovered that she needed clips for her costume and snacks for the evenings performance.

Then it was off to Performance One of Pyotr and Peter.
Here's Liz in her tutu for her extraordinary performance of Bluebird from "Sleeping Beauty" (that's the Pyotr Tchaikovsky part):


She was in several of the dances and was just so so good (yes, I am biased, but it IS TRUE!!) WHile Lizzie danced I sold tickets for the basket raffle (and I won a raffle!) By the time we got home (after our traditional post performance stop at McDonalds!) Rob and Hannah were back from the shore where they went to the Lobster House for lunch where they ate all the clam chowder and shrimp they felt like without Liz and I turning up our noses at it!

The next morning we were up and at 'em again as Hannah had her photo shoot for her pageant headshots, which kind of turned into a regular modeling shoot as the photographer had some time and Hannah wanted to go for it. I don't have the photos yet, but they looked pretty good on the screen - probably because Jim is a real photographer and Mary Grace is a real hair and makeup person. Here's a shot of them working:

And then it was back to the theater so that Liz could do it all over again and I could sell more basket raffles (I didn't win this time, but Uncle Dude did!) In between we got the house ready for guests since Liz had an audience for this performance (her first solo with her Rep Company.)

So here are the photos of the afternoon of dance and family:

Here's the gang, including Rob, Aunt Tina, Aunt Terry, Uncle Dude, Aunt Linda and Hannah. Uncle Dude is holding the basket he won!

Perhaps the only photo that will ever exist where Lizzie is taller than Hannah:

The Rasmussen contingent:

The Garrity contingent:

Lizzie with some dance friends Ashley and Mckenna:

Our little family:

Liz and her friend Aimee who has choreographed some dances for Liz and is a graduating senior from the Company and will really be missed!

Liz and Miss Diane who choreographed and worked with Liz on the Bluebird solo:

As you probably know, no celebration is complete without FOOD. We dined on sandwiches and chips and guac and root beer and Fresca and had that delicious strawberry shortcake sitting in front of Liz for dessert. Then everyone went home and we all took naps. :)

No comments: