Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Artsy photos

I'm bored and I miss my car (and the Dunkin' Donuts Iced Decaf with cream and two splendas that my car takes me to every morning...) My car has been in the shop since Monday morning to get the bumper fixed (that I smashed) and we ALL want to go to the park. Or the store. Or even church. ANYWHERE!!!

But instead we spent the morning making mud soup in the backyard.

However, I did manage to eke out some artsy photos, thanks to PS Elements.

First is this painting I created of my father. This picture is not amazing because of the paint overlays that I created, but because my father is actually SMILING in this photo. I have two photos (including this one) of my father smiling in a picture. He's just got something against it. But WHY is he smiling? See below:

Wouldn't you be smiling if this little cutie-pie was laughing? (I'm talking about Brenna, but Ann is pretty cute, too!)And speaking of Brenna, here she is in black and white with just a little color in her lips and eyes. Gorgeous, isn't she?:Here's a painting of Hannah and Lizzie. This was taken outside the golf club in the Poconos. It looks more like a painting when it's enlarged.And finally, here's a picture I took as the sun was setting over Lake Harmony. All I did to this one was crop it and adjust the colors slightly to make up for the flash that I couldn't get to turn off. And what better photo than a sunset to close the book on this vacation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This cannot be a picture of your father--I know him very well and he looks nothing like this guy in the old blue shirt. In fact, he is handsome, debonair and always impeccably groomed and would never have his picture taken in an old blue shirt--smiling or otherwise

TGR101 said...

Dear Anonymous,
Pictures don't lie. :)
Love,
Anonymous's daughter