Friday, August 29, 2008

scared but brave

Lizzie just came upstairs from the playroom to tell me that something was making her sad. When I asked what it was, she said she couldn't tell me, but that I could guess.

When I asked her about kindergarten she started to hold back tears (which always breaks my heart) and told me that she was scared about several things.

We had a nice long chat about the future and why it's important to change and how much fun she'll have.

She thought about it for a long time and then said, "Okay. I'll be brave. I guess it's time for me to grow up."

She went back downstairs to share these insights with Hannah (who can't wait for everyone in kindergarten to meet HER) while I was left to think, "well, that makes ONE of us."

If you're so inclined, please say a little prayer for my sweet, sensitive Little Bit, that she not worry about kindergarten too much, since I know she'll love it the minute she steps into the classroom.






1 comment:

Nikki said...

That is so sweet. Lizzie is an old soul...