Yes, I KNOW you'd all rather see pictures of Hannah and Lizzie being adorable, but occasionally I like to take pictures of other things.

Prior to having children I mostly preferred scenic photography -- most probably because it doesn't often move. So at the shore this past week, I spent some time actually NOT photographing Hannah and Lizzie, and here's the result of that (although of course they always do manage to get into a few photos. All of these photos are photoshopped a bit, which is part of the fun for me. Love that photo editing.
This is a bird sitting on a tree in the marsh after one of his buddies flew away:
Pretty much anyone who sees my photography knows that I am obsessed with sunsets. I would like to say that someday I might be obsessed with sunrises, but I'd have to get up way too early for that. Here's the sun setting over the Delaware Bay Friday night.
I snapped this one on Father's Day at the Cape May County Park. I just liked the way Hannah and Rob looked walking back to the car ... I dropped the color out of it to emphasize freezing the moment in time:

Pretty much anyone who sees my photography knows that I am obsessed with sunsets. I would like to say that someday I might be obsessed with sunrises, but I'd have to get up way too early for that. Here's the sun setting over the Delaware Bay Friday night.
I snapped this one on Father's Day at the Cape May County Park. I just liked the way Hannah and Rob looked walking back to the car ... I dropped the color out of it to emphasize freezing the moment in time:
This is Reed's Beach at low tide. The girls (of course I can't leave them out entirely!) had just surprised a flock of seagulls as I snapped the picture:
Reed's Beach is famous (infamous?) for dying horseshoe crabs. They get tossed up on the beach and flipped over onto their backs and then they can't get back to the water and they die. It's very sad, except that without the horseshoe crabs for the gulls to eat, they'd be even MORE annoying trying to steal the french fries that you've smuggled onto the beach. Here's one that may have been trying to find her way back to the water as it swirled around her (most of the crabs on the beach are girls because they come close to the shore to lay eggs). After shooting this picture, I picked her up by the tail and tossed her back in the surf:
I admit that I totally love the mood of this photo. It's another part of Reed's Beach. It was another sunset shot, but you can't tell since I vintage-ified it:
My mother in law spotted this tree when we were out getting ice cream one night. The clouds were dark and ominous and the tree was just reaching out to them. I had to cut out the high wires though and then added some photoshop layers to make it more of a painting than a photo and I love the result. You may actually see this one hanging in my house sometime soon!
Okay I will now return you to your regularly scheduled pictures of Hannah and Lizzie. :)
5 comments:
Oh, Tracy - those pictures are just great - you do just a wonderful job and I agree - the last one you should hang in the house - love it! Maybe some day we might get up there to see the house, too.
Tracy - I think the last picture is fabulous too. Aunt Anonymous
Tracy - I also have decided I like the one of the beach in the sepia - love the crooked fence - maybe more doing your tricks with colors would make it look a lot different - hmmm. Just wondering.
Thanks both of you. Aunt Brenda, I still need to work on the contrast shadowing of the beach fence picture -- and maybe will put back just a slight orange from the sunset. But it does look more contrast-y (and therefore better!) on the original version (blogger makes the pictures smaller and less detailed). Maybe when you DO come up here ;) you'll see the originals!!
I just saved it as my background and stretched it - shows more of the pixels, though.
Post a Comment