
For June 19
Outside my window... finally there is some sunshine. We've had 10 or 11 or 243 days of rain. The air smells wonderful, too. Which is really the only good thing about 243 days of rain.
I am thinking... about writing a book suggested by my friend Jim. It would be about twins and motherhood and all the crazy hi-jinks of my girls -- kind of like the stories I tell all the time. I need to finish my memoir first. Let's say it all together: TRACY NEEDS TO FINISH HER MEMOIR. Thank you!
I am thankful ... that Hannah finished kindergarten with no more incidents and seems to have calmed down quite a bit and is working hard to behave better. She even offered to help clean out the refrigerator yesterday ... and was actually HELPFUL!!
From the kitchen ... not much happening there right now. We'll have all sorts of leftovers and fridge tidbits for dinner tonight as I want to eat things that will spoil before we return from our vacation. So that means everything except maybe the ketchup.
I am wearing... blue shirt, blue pants, barefeet. Totally boring.
I am creating... the girls are working on some cards for their Daddy. But that's all I can say since he reads this blog!
I am going... to organize clothes for laundry and then packing, then I have to bake some chocolate chip cookies to bring with us to tomorrow and then I have to actually pack, and make lunch and dinner and make sure all the other little details are taken care of before we leave.
I am reading... Woman's World Magazine. I do have several books to take on vacation so I'm saving those, but right now it's WWM, so I can learn how to LOSE 10 POUNDS BY JULY 1 and other such important things.
I am hoping... that we have great weather for our vacation -- did I mention we're getting ready to spend a week at the shore with Grandma Connie? Well we are and we're all VERY VERY VERY excited about it. The girls will be going to zoo camp while we're there, too.
I am praying ... again for MckMama's youngest son, Stellan. His heart issues returned full force last night and he's been in the PICU since then. It looks like the original surgery was unsuccessful and he'll need further intervention to survive his childhood. Details at http://www.mycharmingkids.net/
I am hearing... Mostly I'm hearing the birds singing outside. Somewhere way way way in the distance (like the basement) I can hear what I think is Hannah Montana, but might be the Between the Lions I told them they could watch. I'm ignoring it either way.
Around the house... I like to leave the house in decent order when we travel. There's nothing worse than coming home to a house that's a disaster area. So I'm in the process of straightening things and decluttering and probably later I'll vacuum and have a cup of coffee.
One of my favorite things... is VACATION, of course. I'm not one of those people who needs a lot of things to do, either ... just continuing my normal routine IN A DIFFERENT PLACE makes me happy ... as does having other people who are interested in playing with Hannah and Lizzie (grandmaconnieuncledudeauntlinda).
A few plans for the rest of the weekend... Did I mention vacation at the shore?
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is what I'll look like in about three or four days at the beach in Stone Harbor, N.J. Only I'll have different sunglasses, my face will be thinner, my double chin will not be as prominent -- but I'll still be smiling.
1 comment:
Oh, Tracy - have a great week and keep counting those points - you can do it!!! I know you can. I am sure the girls will be well entertained the whole time and they will enjoy the camp in the mornings - good idea!
Post a Comment