Tuesday was the girls' Kindergarten Picnic. This is different from Field Day, which was held last week, because there is food and blankets involved. Then there are games. For Field Day there are games and THEN a snack.
So now you know.
We had fun, the girls and I. Even Lizzie was having a little trouble ignoring me (which she does very adeptly when I'm helping out in the classroom) since I brought a towel for us to all sit on that wasn't all that large. And just so you know, this towel had to be APPROVED by Lizzie and Hannah. The original blanket that I was rolling up to put in our picnic bag was veto-ed by the pair because (and this is a quote from Lizzie): Mommy's bottom might not fit on it. :) Thank Goodness I'm on Weight Watchers or else I might just take offense to that. As it was, we needed TWO towels, but that did seem acceptable.
Our lunch consisted of turkey and cheese sandwiches, whale crackers, yogurt smoothies and marshmallows and chocolate drops for dessert. Neither Hannah nor Lizzie is a big lunch eater, but I didn't want to look like I was starving them, so I packed the full lunch. Then they each ate the crackers the chocolate and the smoothie. Exactly like they do at home.
I enjoyed my sandwich though.
Then it was on to games. Which happened to be up a high, high, high hill, which I am happy to say I managed to scale with only the help of my trusty cane.
Here's a picture I took from the top of the hill. I have always thought the school was on a prime piece of real estate with a great view. Don't you agree?
The games were cut short by about 10 minutes because of thunder, but everyone managed to have a good time anyway. Even though it was very humid and very buggy. But you know I don't mind the heat, so it was okay (that's a joke.)
And besides, when they got back to the classroom they had a snack of Oreo cookies, apples and water.
Here are Hannah and Lizzie not eating the lunch I packed for them:
This is Hannah and her friend Ben (on her right) and her boyfriend Carver on her left. I'm pretty sure from this picture (which I didn't take, by the way, I think Lizzie did) that Carver does not know he's Hannah's boyfriend:
So let the games begin. This is a game that I contributed. You toss the oddly shaped bean bags into a bucket. Hannah was terrible at it, which was extra sad because we play this at home ALL THE TIME:
Hannah was much better at soccer:
Lizzie playing under the parachute. Each kid had to call out another kid's name and they had to run to each other's place under the parachute. They LOVED it!
In this game they had to transfer water from one bucket to another bucket via two sponges:
Here's Hannah taking her turn with the parachute. Kids LOVE the parachute:
And finally, Lizzie delivering a pizza. She's much faster than Domino's:
1 comment:
Looks like everyone had a great time at the picnic. Are the girls signed up for soccer? Great activity for them.
Post a Comment