Saturday, September 19, 2009

This and That

You'd think with the girls gone for seven hours a day I'd have plenty of time to blog, right?
Well, I don't.

I would like to say that I've been sitting in the recliner trying to heal my body from the surgery, but I haven't been doing that either. And I should have been because I learned the hard way that doing four loads of laundry is not a way to rest and heal. In fact, it put me right back in the recliner for another day.

The good news though is that I discovered "The Match Game" is on the Game Show Network at least twice a day. And I'm much better at getting the answers on "The $100,000 Pyramid" when I've seen the shows three or four times.

But there is some news to report and I probably have some pictures you've not seen, so here we go.

* First and foremost, I heard from the other author of my book, that we have sold 10,000 copies. It's really a benchmark that publishers look to, so it was very exciting.

* I found out in that same conversation that my book is now being translated into both French and Romanian. Yes, Romanian. I think there's a deal with a publisher in Brazil, too, but so far no one has signed on the dotted line. I hope to be able to get copies of the books in the other languages, but don't know how that happens.

* I spent part of last week polishing up a young adult paranormal (think ghosts and telepaths) that I am pitching to a couple of publishers next week. I wrote it about 10 years ago, stuck it in a drawer and never did anything with it. I happened to find it at the same time I was considering this online writing conference, so it seemed a sign that I should pitch this particular book. I am not expecting anything, but it was fun to see some of the things in my book that had to be changed because of the passage of time (like my heroine didn't have a cell phone, which I'm pretty sure ALL high school kids have now!)

* It's my birthday in two weeks and while I was talking about what I wanted I mentioned that I would like very expensive jewelry, a poodle and two daughters who were good for the whole day. To which Hannah responded, "Well, Mommy, you get what you get."

* Both girls seem to like first grade and have told me that they do NOT eve play together at recess because they want to use that time to make new friends.
* And speaking of new friends, I have the first meeting of my brownie troop on Tuesday. I bought the girls their vests and troop number and I'm really very excited about it!
This is the stream at Poole Forge with Hannah and Lizzie in it:

This is the stream at Poole Forge without Hannah and Lizzie in it, but with horses in the distance:This is Hannah and Lizzie at the top of the rock climbing wall at Poole Forge, which is near the stream, but not near the horses:This is what the weather was like on the last afternoon of our trip to the Poconos this year:But the torrential downpour gave way to this sunset ... I think there's a lesson in there somewhere, don't you?

No comments: