Sunday, September 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For September 27


Outside my window... it's raining. The sun tried to come out for about an hour in the late afternoon, but never quite made it. You could really smell fall in the air this weekend, crisp and smoky.


I am thinking... how truly amazing it is that I had fairly major surgery a little more than two weeks ago and today I really feel completely normal (well, you know, normal for me!) And also how much of my previous stomach distress was likely caused by a bad gall bladder. I feel so much better.

I am thankful ... for the two little girls who at this very moment are turning crazy cartwheels around the house. They can both do them one-handed now and I'm pretty sure flips are in their future, too. God help me!


From the kitchen... pork roast for dinner, studded with garlic, doused in some olive oil and then rubbed with French thyme, rosemary and some ginger. Also biscuits, mashed potatoes and applesauce. After the girls are in bed I'm going to make some banana bread with some too-brown-to-eat bananas.


I am wearing... black shirt, black leggings ... still have my jewelry on from church this morning, too.


I am creating... VERY busy in that area. I have a meeting with an agent in three weeks and she wants to see my middle grade novel (Play Dead) that I suggested on a whim. It's done, but NOT input on this computer. I wrote it about 8 years ago and it's on a floppy disk somewhere that is useless. I've also got several interviews coming up, a couple of story pitches and need to come up with something fun for the Brownies do do with the invitations. Busy busy busy!


I am going ... to try and get to be early tonight. I've only been getting six hours a night and it's not enough for me. It's just soooooo hard to go to bed before midnight or 1 a.m, when I've been doing that for years (and then usually getting up around 8 or 8:30 a.m.)


I am reading... Just finished "Emily's Ghost," a fictional account of Emily Bronte's relationship with William Weightman. I enjoyed it. Next in my To Be Read pile is The Tory's Wife.


I am hoping... to stick to my eating plan despite THREE invitations for lunch this week.


I am praying ... in thanksgiving that my friends who had been in dark places with decisions and life throwing them curves are finally seeing the light. And for my little friend Tory (and her mom) whose brain cancer seems to have returned. Tory's defied the odds her whole life and I pray that continues.


I am hearing... Rob reading Tom Thumb to the girls and the washing machine spinning so that Hannah and Liz will have something to wear to school tomorrow.


Around the house... things are finally getting back together after my 10 day or so hiatus of cleaning because I couldn't bend down. The kitchen needs my attention, and I'll get to that after I make the banana bread.


One of my favorite things... is how much better Hannah and Liz behave towards each other now that they aren't in the same class at school. Yes, they still fight, but they also play together for hours on the weekend and after school and it is a joy to behold.


A few plans for the week ahead... Busy! On Monday (hold onto your hats, readers!) I'm going to the church to pray as part of a day-long Eucharist vigil (I've only got to do 15 minutes). Then I'm having lunch with Terry and Beanie. On Tuesday I'm having lunch with my friends Tina and Christine. Then there's dance class and homework starts this week and it doesn't supervise itself and, oh yeah, I'm celebrating my 15th anniversary with my sweetie pie. Then on Saturday Rob's family is coming to take me out to lunch for my birthday. YAY!!


Here is picture thought I am sharing... me, a year ago on my birthday and now nearly 365 days later I'm very happy I don't look like this so much anymore Last year I couldn't button this shirt and now I can!




No comments: