Friday, September 4, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For September 4


Outside my window... A beautiful day. Sun is shining, the sky is blue. No humidity and temps in the upper 70s.


I am thinking... that we all survived the summer intact. We had several great vacations lots (and I mean LOTS!) of time at the pool as well as time to relax and enjoy family and friends. Nearly a perfect summer (except for some gall bladder attacks).


I am thankful ... for those surrounding me with their healing energy and prayers as I prepare for Wednesday's surgery.


From the kitchen... we're baking cupcakes for Aunt Terry's party tomorrow evening. I'm doing the baking and Hannah and Lizzie are doing the decorating. Prepare for a lot of sugar!


I am wearing... tan pants, yellow shirt, pink flip flops.


I am creating... actually I'm helping the girls do their back-to-school book reports which also include some sort of art project. We're making bookmarks for the books they've selected. I'm not sure how I feel about summer homework between kindy and first grade, but we're doing it anyway (because I actually AM sure that I DO NOT LIKE IT!)

I am going ... to make myself some coffee, and the girls lunch and then probably take everyone over to the pool. Or maybe I'll just let them climb trees outside while I watch General Hospital.


I am reading... Mary Higgins Clarke's Take My Heart. It's okay. I don't really like her writing style but I am interested to see how it all turns out. Thanks to my summer reading program with Hannah and Liz (reading for a few minutes every day) and our time at the pool I've read 10 books this summer, which is probably more than I read all last year.


I am hoping... that I won't need the conversion surgery for my gall bladder next week. Also that the surgery goes as planned in all ways and that the snack they give me when it's done is tasty!


I am praying ... since all of you are praying for my easy surgery and quick recovery, I'm praying for a teacher at the girls' school who lost her father this week. May the comfort of happy memories soon replace the grief you are feeling now.


I am hearing... my own thoughts and somewhere off in the distance the television show 64 Zoo Lane and little girls plotting to climb the biggest tree in the yard.


Around the house... messy messy messy. I'm going to spent much of Tuesday (back to school day) getting the house in shape, so I'm not exactly motivated to do it now. The girls have told me they are going to clean the basement, but so far they have not.


One of my favorite things... the lakeside collection fChristmas catalog. It's great to just hand it off to Hannah and Liz and have them circle things they might like to receive as gifts. The prices are very reasonable, although the shipping is really slow. Internet addy is http://www.lakeside.com/!


A few plans for the week ahead... Party at Terry's house tomorrow (the girls can't wait and are planning to attend with their inflatible dolphins) then some time in the backyard barbecuing and maybe an end of summer trip to the ice cream parlor. Next week, as we all know, unless you've been living in a cave somewhere, is my surgery to remove my gall bladder, and also the girls first day of first grade where they will be in separate classrooms. Lots to be brave about in the coming days! They also start a new year of dance this week. So as you can see, I really don't have time to have anything OTHER than a quick recovery!


Here is picture thought I am sharing... Rob skimming the pool AND showing off his incredible fashion sense at the same time. !!!???!!!




No comments: