Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall weekend

My birthday was on Saturday and I do have some pictures of that, which I'll post later on in the week. But the girls were playing in a pile of leaves on a warmish, fallish Sunday, and I couldn't resist taking pictures, so I'm doing that post instead. Which I'm sure makes you all much happier than seeing pictures of me eating birthday cake.
First the outfit. In order to properly jump in a pile of leaves you must wear a hat. Hannah chose a blue knit cap (knit by Grandma Jo) and Lizzie chose a Nordic design hat from Gap. The only other thing is that they both begged to be barefoot. I would have thought shoes would have made it easier, but Lizzie said that way they didn't have to worry about stepping on each other.The activity consisted of throwing the leaves at each other... ...throwing the leaves at themselves:
And throwing the leaves at the photographer:
I did not take pictures of them trying to sled down the pile of leaves because it was not a successful venture. Neither did I take pictures of them riding the sled down the slide because I was too busy yelling "Knock it off, that's dangerous." (But then I let them do it and it looked really fun!)
Then there was just general jumping around (incidentally my camera was having shutter speed issues, but I thought the pictures came out pretty cool anyway): And finally, a lovely smile for the camera...
You really can't beat a fall day with a fairly warm temperature and the leaves all crunchy. Oh, and the leaf pile is thanks to Daddy who bagged up most of the leaves on our property and put them back in the woods. Only to find that by the time he was done, a entirely new batch had fallen. Which means next weekend there will be even MORE leaf jumping. Bonus!!

No comments: