Ten Things I Learned in 2009:
2009 was a good year around here, even with some of the ups and downs. Here's a list of some of the things I learned.
1) Gallbladders are not really necessary. Nor do they weigh anything. I was happy to learn the first; not so much the second.
2) The second row of church is really the first row of church because no one sits in the front row at 8 a.m. Mass.
3) Parenting twins does not get easier. It changes. But it never gets easier.
4) Parenting in general does not get easier. It changes. But it never gets easier.
5) Getting your children to read means that you can no longer spell secrets to your spouse at the dinner table.
6) 7 a.m. is really a whole lot earlier than 8 a.m. And more annoying.
7) When you have a cane, even old people offer to take your cart back up to the store. Sometimes they even wait while you unload your groceries.
8) Being able to swim in water that is not over your head, is not the same as being able to swim in water that IS over your head.
9) My children think I sit around and watch iCarly when they are not home. They are wrong. I watch soap operas.
10) I am not smarter than a fifth grader. Or, it would seem, a first grader. Especially first grade math.
1 comment:
Great words of wisdom and humor! Have a wonderful 2010!
Alyzabeth's Mommy for 16 Months
Post a Comment